Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Still no refund

The laws concerning EITC & ACTC stink, but they're needed in order to stop false claims.
I found this while searching for some info for a friend about the processing time for those credits. WMR won't start updating for anyone with the PATH until 2/23/19. The following was taken from the IRS website.
Refund Timing for Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit Filers.
Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit may experience a refund hold. According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue these refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

Where's My Refund? ‎on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app will be updated February 23 for the vast majority of early filers who claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. These taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where's My Refund? or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so Where’s My Refund? remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? is only updated once daily, usually overnight, so checking it more often will not produce new or different results.

Why is my refund being held?
If you claim the EITC or ACTC on your tax return, the IRS cannot issue your refund before mid-February. The law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC or ACTC. Like previous years, some tax refunds may be held if there are questions about the tax return or the IRS needs more information.

When will I get my refund?
The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

Why does it take so long for the funds to show up in my account?
It takes additional time for refunds to be processed after leaving the IRS, and for financial institutions to accept and deposit them to bank accounts and products like debit cards. Also, many financial institutions do not process payments on weekends or holidays, which can affect when refunds reach taxpayers. For EITC and ACTC filers, the three-day holiday weekend involving President’s Day affects their refund timing.

How do I check the status of my refund?
Where's My Refund ‎on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC and ACTC refund filers by February 23 so those filers will not see a refund date on Where's My Refund ‎or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so these filers should not contact or call about refunds before the end of February.

Still no refund

@ Taxtimehater01 I understand that but I don’t even have the PATH message and I been done mines since last month

Still no refund

I Don't have the EIC or ACTC but I did have the problem of  one bar then it disappeared and I had a error message...

Finally some movement on my end...

Filed 1/12

accepted 1/14

Weeks of a error message under my husbands SS# and 1 bar under mine even though we filed married joint.  Yesterday the bar disappeared and we were both getting error messages. Then this morning when checked WMR had 2 bars and saying approved with a DDD of 2/13. I have been seeing people with DDD and their deposits not showing up on that day so I guess we will see! At least there is some movement at this point.

Still no refund

Last year, was the first year for delays with EITC (I believe). The message said we’d get them mid February and we got ours on 2/20. There isn’t a hold up, it’s just law now. Don’t expect your return any sooner than 2/15 at the earliest.

Still no refund

@shaybre24 any movement this weekend for you? I tried to pull my transcript but it always says my student loan account numbers are wrong when they aren't.

Still no refund

No moment from me as of yet. Just stuck at the initial acceptance, which happened on 2/1. Nothing also shown in transcripts. I don't have EITC or anything else that should cause any delays.

Still no refund

My DDD was 2/12 and I got mine today but my bank posts my direct deposits early

Still no refund

@justcurious nothin yet
Mariasj

Still no refund

I was accepted 1/29
Still no acceptance. I'm am worried

Still no refund

@Mariasj there's nothing to worry about everyone is dealing with the same issue. It's because of the PATH Act.
Mjp
Level 3

Still no refund

Did you have any of the credit?

Still no refund

@Mjp I have the credits too and I think that's why we are all on hold. As of tomorrow, I feel things will start moving.

Still no refund

Last year, there were two big days of us with the tax credits seeing our returns. It was the Tuesday and Thursday after it was officially “mid February”. The earlier fliers who claimed EITC or additional child got theirs on 2/18 and the majority got theirs on 2/20 (myself included).
Some of the earlier fliers have already been given their DDD of 2/19 (first Tuesday after “mid feb”) and I’m guessing 2/21 will be another big day.

Still no refund

Yes

Still no refund

Yes what? lol
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies