Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Status still Pending

I filed 3 returns on 2/3 only one is stuck in pending

Status still Pending

The only problem with this analysis is that it is TurboTax themselves that tells you it will be 24 to 48 hours. They do not say, "it will be 24 to 48 hours or maybe 2 weeks or more". Also, I believe that TurboTax, and other major tax return preparation companies, DO have the ability to talk to IT workers at IRS. In fact, I suspect that they are in communication constantly during tax season. How could it be otherwise? 

Tomek1
Returning Member

Status still Pending

So you are saying the major tax processor such as Turbo Tax has absolutely no ability to alert IRS that batch of e-filed returns was not downloaded by IRS from their servers? There must be a point in time when someone would need to instruct folks with pending returns, such as myself, what to do? What about if on April 15 my return shows as "pending"? Should I just patiently wait? Even the TurboTax message "The IRS may have delayed processing returns. Check back in 48 hours" does not make sense since IRS IS processing returns with most of them accepted within standard time frame. It seems like those filed early with TurboTax are being delayed.

Status still Pending

Exactly! 

Status still Pending

So the issue is people who filed before 12 Feb 2021 likely missed an update so they have been put in the hold column and will be processed for acceptance or denial at the end of filing season.  So, are you telling me Turbo Tax is not liable for having people file before 12 Feb 2021 and now are in some special waiting pool or are the target for audit? 

Status still Pending

I think I will refile my return, same info but through HR Block and see what happens.   

KK94
Level 3

Status still Pending

I spoke to a supervisor at Turbo Tax and asked that very question.  He stated that Turbo Tax watches the metrics from calls and comments in the community and would respond if it became necessary.  I don't understand why they haven't already reached out to the IRS on behalf of their customers to find out what the issue is. 

Status still Pending

It may be safe to say that if you filed before 12 Feb 2021 and you are still pending that you are being audited.  This is what may be happening.    Turbo tax likely expected first file first accepted but  was wrong. Otherwise, we should have been told that pre 12 Feb 2021 filers would be help up waiting for update review etc. If I knew what I know now I would not have filed early.   I was COVID bored and filed early.  

Status still Pending

This is my guess. Those of us who filed early missed a software update to the STATE tax returns and now Turbo tax has to sort it out and we are in pended status. My federal return was accepted right when IRS opened, my CA state is pending now going on 7 days. Never ever has this happened. 

Status still Pending

When I spoke to the person investigating my account she said NOT to listen to suppositions stated by super-users as these are opinions and not statements by Intuit. So please making up excuses people and prod to hear from TurboTax. As I stated earlier. A letter to an executive will get you an investigation.

Status still Pending

I will say my federal was accepted on 2/11 and I show one bar on IRS tracker. However my MN state refund was accepted on 2/12 and just finally showed up on their system this morning.  For a while it kept showing not received when turbo tax said it was accepted. 

Status still Pending

Please keep us updated. Thanks! 

Status still Pending

Lorraine you are fortunate, the issue is pending status now even though many of us filed before 12 Feb 2021.   This may have been the wrong thing to do knowing feb 12 and after filers are getting accepted.    TURBO TAX Should address this ASAP!!!

Status still Pending

I totally agree.  I have used TurboTax since I started doing taxes and I have never had an issue.  Another thing that I thought was odd this year that I don't remember doing in the past was paying to have to my state filed. I just have always paid for federal to filed and I couldn't believe I had to pay for state and federal when i dnt remember doing that in the previous years

Tomek1
Returning Member

Status still Pending

How can IRS audit my 2020 return if their own status shows "2020 return not received"?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies