turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Second stimulus payment

We have been using TurboTax for 8 years. Got our first stimulus payment no problem. Now second pay shows "status unavailable" Nothing has changed on our end. Is it true that Turbo tax sent wrong info to IRS because we paid our Turbo Tax payment fee from our refund. Which we have always done?  Really would lije an answer,  waiting to get a tax credit is unfair if Turbo Tax provided incorrect information. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Second stimulus payment

Unfortunately it appears that it is true and that they sent our payments back to the irs and they are going to want us to claim it when we file taxes. I for one won’t use TurboTax ever again after this.

Second stimulus payment

Sad but true.  Turbo lost my business this year.  H&R Block stepped up and started issuing payments today.  Igotmyrefund.com has conversations about this.  People are giving up Turbotax this year.  I've been with TT for several years and have had issues since 2015, I'm finally hanging my hat up.

Second stimulus payment

I am thinking the same.  We get Social Security direct deposit, why didn't IRS use that info?  This morning The Get My Payment app, showed my husband's status as unavailable,  and said they could not recognize my SS number,  but yesterday it said "status unavailable ". A real mess. 

Second stimulus payment

Same here. Eight years using TT, but this year will use someone else.  TT isn't even taking any responsibility for this mistake.  I needed this money, but can manage, what about the ones who needed it to pay back rent to avoid eviction.  A credit won't help them. 

Second stimulus payment

I talked to the IRS yesterday.  They told me that Turbotax had the option to pay a fee to have the stimulus check transferred to our bank account, but Turbotax chose not to pay the fee.  IRS also told me that Turbotax knew this would be a problem if there was a second stimulus and that's why the "you can claim it on your taxes" option was posted last week.  

Tinslje

Second stimulus payment

This is very unfortunate. What would it take for TurboTax to step up and do the right thing? I won’t have all the information to file my taxes for at least another month. If TurboTax does not make this right immediately I would suggest that everyone affected by this should use another service.I hate to have to do that because I’ve been using TurboTax for the last 10 years, and Hey I’m at establish profile with this company. Step up TurboTax!

PM23

Second stimulus payment

The same thing happened to me.

Ingy39

Second stimulus payment

I have used turbotax for the last 5 years but if I don't get the second stimulus payment I will be using some other platform so yea they have lost my business people were relying on that money to live off of

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies