Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Hstouder

Second stimulus,is it being sent back to the IRS due to Santa Barbara bank?

I read on the IRS page today 1/14/22 that if my status says “unavailable” I will not be getting a stimulus payment. But I meet all the requirements AND the email I got from TurboTax says I will get one? Please shed some light?????

There are people who have already received their stimulus, but IRS still says unavailable. Im holding out hope that TT can make it happen. I also think the IRS has updated information since they said "if it says unavailable, you wont get a stimulus". Fingers crossed!

I have a update that might help alot of people! This morning around 6:45am I recieved a email from turbo tax about my stimulus. They sent me a link to update my bank info and I did so now I am waiting the standard 5days. I will post a snapshot of the email I recieved so be sure to check your email especially the spam folders. It just might end up there on accident!

Screenshot_20210114-070203_Gmail.jpg

Lynn32088

Well I used turbo taxes last year an since than my bank info has change turbo tax reach out to me to get it up dated an I got my second check thanks turbo tax

Same scenario.......I actually took the TT advance last year, which was through First Century Bank, according to my tax documents. I had the balance of my refund put onto a TT card and mine is still active. No deposit on that card and IRS says unavailable. I have received ZERO emails from TT. I have also used TT for last 10 plus years. I will NEVER use them again!

Just claim in on your tax return.

Receiving this small amount now and in April can be the difference between being evicted and feeding families. This extreme lockdown has put many of us out of work. Unemployment ran out and the jobs that are even available don't  pay enough to live. This small amount was very much needed asap. Not just an addition to my taxes. 

Sim of us have filed our taxes so can't put on tax return

This letter is so **bleep** generic is pitiful and such bull**bleep**.  I don't even know how turbotax can get away with publishing this to it's consumers.  This letter is NOT helpful/imformative at all!  As a matter of fact it's very misleading [as if we the people in this world today need to add to our levels of stress and or anxiety].   Shift blaming the error to account holders stating our accounts need updated......?? When in fact there was not clear communication amongst  Turbo Tax, Civista Bank, Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (the 3rd party processor) and IRS.  Ironically Santa Barbara received the 'OK' 👍 to process the EIP'sfr on the same day they sent the letter's out misinforming account holders.  

Turbo Tax, this is not ETHICAL! 

Respectfully, 

another annoyed account holder

NOT TRUE!

Accreditation
THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

Years in Business: 11

BBB Rating
A+

Customer Reviews are not used in the calculation of BBB Rating

Overview of BBB Ratings

Customer Complaints Summary

0 total complaints in the last 3 years

of those, 0 complaints were closed in last 12 months

Complaint Type  
Advertising/Sales0
Billing/Collections0
Delivery Issues0
Guarantee/Warranty0
Problem with a Product or Service0
Totals0
144 Complaints
Show
All Complaints
Sort By
Most Recent

Complaint Type: Problems with Product/Service

When filing my 2019 tax return through Turbo Tax, I elected to have my fee taken out of my return. I electronically filed on January 16, 2020 and according to the irs.gov website my return was approved on Jan. 21,2020. Once again according to irs.gov my refund was issued on Jan 29, 2020 and deposited to my account. The irs.gov website did state that it could take until Feb. 6, 2020 for the funds to be available in my account. After this date and no deposit to my account was made I began to contact Turbo Tax with my concerns. This is when I discovered the name of the third party company used by Turbo Tax to have their fee removed, Santa Barbara Tax Payer Group/TPG. I have contacted them several times to try and find answers, and what I have been told is that the funds were returned to the IRS because they were rejected by my bank. I have contacted my bank and they have said there was no deposit ever made therefore they could reject a deposit that wasn't received. I have also verified my account numbers and routing numbers and all are correct all the way around. The TPG told me that my funds would be returned to the IRS within 4 weeks and it would take 10-12 weeks for total processing. I have contacted the IRS and they have told me that the behavior of the TPG is suspicious and unethical. The IRS has filed an inquiry as well and is looking into the company. I have emailed several times trying to get more information and dates for when my funds would be returned however, the TPG is telling they can not give me an exact date. After explaining this was unacceptable and being told by the IRS they should be able to give me a date, the TPG has stopped responding to my requests all together. I have submitted requests for my information twice this week and all I have gotten is automated responses alerting me that my request was received and would be answered, however no answer or further response from the company.

TURBOTAX isn't it time to let SBTPG GO!!!!?!!???

Have you checked your transcripts or gmp lately? I was going through the same thing but it updated and shows being mailed out on 2/2 

After spending 5 hrs total on the phone with Dept. Of Treasury, IRS, Civista and Santa Barbara... still not knowing where my money is, my status finally updated to a mailed payment date of 2/5 🙏

Mine updated and says mailed 2/2 as well. The check came today in the mail!

Great news for you! This brings me some hope 🙂. Thanks for sharing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies