turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jrsmith
Returning Member

Returns Pending Since the 14th

I understand that the IRS is not allowing the majority of filers to transmit their federal returns until the 27th. However my state return has also been pending since January 14th. Is TurboTax holding both to transmit at the same moment or might there be an issue? I have never seen that occur before. It's never taken more than two days to have my state accepted.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Anniekavinsky
Returning Member

Mine is saying the same thing pending on both federal ans state but it now says I e filed on 17th but now says transmitted on Jan 27 so I think once 8am hits everyone's will start being accepted instead of pending

@Jrsmith wrote:

"I understand that the IRS is not allowing the majority of filers to transmit their federal returns until the 27th. However my state return has also been pending since January 14th. Is TurboTax holding both to transmit at the same moment or might there be an issue? I have never seen that occur before. It's never taken more than two days to have my state accepted."

That is normal.   A state return cannot be accepted until AFTER the Federal return has been accepted.   Once the Federal return has been accepted, then the state tax agency computers will decide on the state return.

If the Federal return is rejected, then the state return also automatically rejects.

Courttxxx

I submitted mine on the 14th also, mine are also still pending.

@Courttxxx wrote:

I submitted mine on the 14th also, mine are also still pending.

The IRS will begin processing today January 27 (except for a few test returns they pulled early.)   But they will have a big backlog, and you may or may not hear anything today.  Because there are so many, the IRS retrieves returns from TurboTax servers in manageable batches and in no particular order as far as I know.  Each year it's unknown how smoothly it will start off, and there could be delays due to the volume.

When your return is accepted or rejected, you should get an email notification.   You can also check the status by logging into your Online TurboTax account and looking at the efile status on the Tax Home page.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies