Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Return not accepted

I filed January 31.  It says pending I have yet to get an email saying that it’s been accepted. IRS has not received it I need to know if it was ever sent.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Return not accepted

I am going through the same thing. Did you have an estimated date of acceptance?

Return not accepted

Pending simply means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet.

If you e-filed your return in January, it'll stay in Pending status until the IRS starts processing the backlog of returns.

Return not accepted

Yes.  I did use TurboTax free addition in order to talk to a live person you have to pay $30

Return not accepted

Thanks I was really getting worried

Return not accepted

I did the exact same thing. Did it show an estimated acceptance date?

Return not accepted

It’s on February 2

Kgann17

Return not accepted

I filed the 2nd and still haven’t been accepted but my fiancé filed the 31st and was accepted by 3am the next morning. So I’m freaking out because I have been screwed over on my taxes multiple years and didn’t receive a penny last year 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Return not accepted

It it typically takes 24-48 hours for your return to get accepted. In some cases, it could take longer.  See the following FAQ for additional information regarding a pending status: What does pending mean?

Biged1

Return not accepted

the i r s has no info. but turbo tax said it was accepted 02,01.20

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Return not accepted

Typically you can begin tracking your refund 24 hours after the IRS accepts your return. 

Are you using the IRS Where's My Refund? site to get info about your return? What is the exact message you are receiving when you try to look up your refund status on the IRS' website?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies