Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rejected Code R0000-058-01, Waiting For February 23!

Return now rejected...

Code R0000-058-01

“An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.  This return cannot be filed at this time due to a processing error that will be corrected on February 23, 2024.  On or after February 23, 2024 open the rejected return, review for errors, and resubmit the return for electronic filing."

What is happening with this tax season??  First time ever having any problem filing. First waiting for Form 7206 and now attachment errors :(

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

38 Replies

I just received the same message.  Rejected Code R0000-058-01.  Binary attachment.  No idea.  Been doing taxes since before Turbo Tax existed.  No idea.  Anyone know what this means.  My Federal and State were both rejected for this reason.

I had the exact same error message and message regarding waiting till Feb 23.  Same as you.  I was waiting on 7206.  I filed once that was available now this... very frustrating.  And when I called turbo tax support for help with 7206 the lady was literally reading what I was reading from the blog.  Very frustrating.  She was nice but was not able to help.  First year I've had issues like this... ever.  And this R0000-058--01 is completely new to me.  Nor can I find info about attachments or binary documents.  Literally, very frustrated.

Nothing about this error for the current year in the forums... Waiting for others to come on here to see if it is an issue for more than a couple

I'm getting the same as of 3am this morning, tried to file again and got the same message within a hour. I did not however get any message about Feb 23rd. This is happening on an ammended return that I have and I'm using the desktop client to file my taxes. My state ammendment was accepted a few days ago. This is what I got in my email regarding my federal: R0000-058-01 - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file. I don't know if I need to just mail it in or what.

Hi All.

I too received a similar message following the issue with the Form 7206 when attempting to re-file.

Based on past experience, it would not surprise me if the two incidents are related.  Very likely the fix for the 7206 was incomplete and we are now seeing the results.

It would be interesting to know if anyone who had the 7206 issue is now able to file successfully.  I suspect not (but not being an expert, nor an Intuit employee, this is just subjective on my part.)

Further, it wouldn't surprise me if the Form 7206 correction was actually known to be incomplete, otherwise, why the February 23/24 message (which is not typically found in a traditional error message.)  Further credence to this thought is that those of us who signed up for the "Form 7206 Correction Notification" email have not yet received one.  This would lead me to think the reason is because it hasn't fully been resolved.

So it looks like we'll all just have to be patient!

As others have posted, this too is my first year with issues.  I have used TurboTax for a very long time.  No doubt the continuing complexity of the U.S. Tax Code isn't helping, and, Congress has - in recent years - made more late changes than in the past (some literally on the last day of the year) thus it does take some time to incorporate these accurately into software (and test it, ideally, thoroughly.)

Meantime, I'm going to try and stay positive (although I share the frustration) and be thankful for all that does go right in our daily lives! 🙂

This is the message that shows in TT desktop

February 23rd FixFebruary 23rd Fix

Last minute changes to some of the tax laws delayed some forms this year and bugs are just something that cannot be avoided at times ... all anyone can do is be patient until these things can be fixed correctly.  Rushing to get something to work is not wise.  

I am having the same issue. This is the only post I have found about this error code. I have used Turbo Tax desktop software for years. Very frustrated with the lack of information from Intuit on this issue.

I do no have a 7206 form so I do not believe this is causing this issue. Who knows, I guess we will see on 02/23/2024.

Unsure about anyone else, but turbotax did an update on the desktop client. I resubmitted my return and it was finally accepted.

Hope it works for everyone else.

Hi Everyone.

Happy for you, Tek233!  Congratulations.

Unfortunately, I am still receiving the same error message - but now - with a new "will be fixed" date of 3/8/2024.  :(

Happy waiting to those, like me, who are not as fortunate as Tek233 and take care.  🙂

I also have received the same error but now with the date March 8, 2024.

please keep me posted if any progress in identifying the problem is made by anyone on this thread!

Refiled my taxes with Turbo Tax Online and requested a refund for Turbo Tax Desktop. Will report back if they gave me my refund.

My return was accepted as well. I itemized but my return was pretty straight forward with typical deductions. I did not have any business items to deduct. I wonder if those are giving others issues still. I have been using TT for 10 years and will not buy them next year. These software issues for filing taxes is insult to injury. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies