turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

Let me share what happened to me.  I filed back in early February and it was accepted a week later.  Then I waited.  On March 30th I went to IRS.GOV to check my status.  It said my refund was adjusted by $1200 less because I had calculated the Recovery Rebate Credit incorrectly.  I went back to the TurboTax instructions and followed those exactly.  That information was transferred to the Worksheet and to line 30 of the 1040 form.  I called IRS to ask them why I didn't get the credit of $1200.  They explained that line 30 and the credit was for those individuals who DIDN'T get the any stimulus check.  No where on the worksheet, or in TurboTax instructions does it state this.  Quite the opposite.  The TurboTax instructions identify that I should have received the Recovery Rebate (stimulus) and to enter how much I did  receive and to enter those amounts.  Somewhere there is a great disconnect.  The IRS representative referred me to the IRS.GOV web site for a complete explanation.  When pressed, the representative could not explain how the worksheet generated the credit, and basically hung up on me.  It appears that incomplete instructions in TurboTax and the IRS worksheet cost me $1200.  

Refund

YES!! I can't figure out how to get a hold of anyone to discuss.  NOW TurboTax is going to charge me even though I haven't received my refund and yet.  Good luck getting blood from this turnip! Does anyone know who we could contact directly??

Refund

An additional question is I paid for the electronic filing and for it to go directly to my bank account, but it hasn't gone into my account but you want me to pay for all your services?  You guarantee the accuracy but say there must be a problem that's why it's getting held up...?? 

Refund

Omg I seriously hope this don't happen to us.

Refund

Another reason we should all get our TT fees reimbursed!  

Refund

Same here.  Accepted 13th of February and still waiting. I haven't got the email from turbotax yet but I surely am not using them next year.  Do this when you call.... Go through the bs and when you get to the part when they ask you to put in your social security number....DON'T!!!! Put your employee Identification number in and you will get through. Be prepared to wait as I waited 1 hr and 43 mins to get through. They said return was fine but was directed to the return department and the lady there couldn't tell me **bleep** other than call back in 10 weeks if you don't got it by then. Never had these problems before and this is 9th season with tt and last as b4 always got within 2 weeks. I heard it was tt putting coronavirus info on line 30...on my w2 I dont have but go to your return filed through tt and there will be a amount their program entered on line 30. So it's a waiting game as the irs is or was backlogged and understaffed by 12 million returns when I spoke to them. Gl but put that employee Identification number in and you will get through. 

Refund

EXACTLY!!!! But tt points the finger at irs. So did you end up getting refund yet....or still waiting?? Lmk thanks. Is my last year with tt.

Refund

I got zero no tax no stimulus 😂😩

Refund

No I haven’t. I call the irs and all I get is that bull**bleep** that they can’t take calls and to call back at a different time but guess what I do and the same bull**bleep**. If it was us not paying we would have all our stuff seized but when it comes time to pay us back it’s the**bleep**  run around. I’ve been filling my taxes the same for 3 or 4 years the exact same way and now they “might” be messed up. Get that **bleep** out of here. Sorry rant over

Refund

i am in the same boat

Refund

I am getting the same thing. Not sure on what to do. I did my taxes the 21st of Feb, then on March 14th went to still processing. I then took it upon myself to research the IRS and ended up calling the international IRS number. I finally got some where but she stated my taxes haven't been turned in. I then got support from turbo tax stating it has been turned in. No one is saying anything about what is going on. One thing i can tell you is if you do call the international IRS ask them how there day is going there more willing to help and give you some information if there is any. 

Refund

To add to my statement, you want to be as nice as possible to them or they will hang up on you. I just wish we could get some answers to what's going on. Hopefully this helps. 

Refund

Shane:

I tried to be nice as you suggested. I asked them how their 

F-day was going and they still hung up on me!!

<g>

kalliebunch
Returning Member

Refund

I have been going through the exact same thing. What did you claim? Single/married/head of household?  There’s never been a problem before but I’m hoping that my filing status didn’t effect it. 

Dbeach05
Returning Member

Refund

It's been 60 days and still nothing a d the account to be divided is not the same I put on paper I am ticked and about to file against turbo tax with bbb and ag offices and any other I can find ..u can't use any other software because it just gets kicked by the irs but the one time I actually reached them I was informed that the turbo tax has no idea what they are doing and refered me to another department for help I can't seem to reach yet .  Also because of this I do not understand why they will not do refund advance for me ..it makes no sense at all except turbo tax is the only software with this issue I have heard of so maybe TURBO TAX FIX THIS PROBLEM STOP BEING LAZY GIVE ME AN EXPLANATION AND HELP ME

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies