turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

At this point if I knew the rebate was going to drag returns out 8 to 10 weeks or more, the crap 300 it rebated is going to cost me 4 times the amount from not getting just the regular return. Yes I bet my return would be normal date as usual and took care of a lot of things I should of waited on to make sure the return was back first. On the other hand I did have deposit aligned for 3/3, then all went blank and processing nonsense date will be posted once processed with topic 152 bs.

Oh well need stimulus bad now.

Refund

STRANGE ...mine still shows processing , a date will be available later time.. BUT,  when I try to check the status on with my husbands info.. This is what I get... 

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

I've been checking the status under his info this whole time, and now it has changed to incorrect  info... So I thought I would try with my info and all the bars are gone, ect... just like everyone else..

And I did not put anything on line 30.. we received our stimulus checks.. so please , nobody think that is the only reason because it s not... our line 30 is blank.. And my daughter received an email 8 days ago from IRS -turbo tax stating that her refund has changed, it is 600 less and will be deposited on the 16th.... her line 30 was also blank and her  "where s my refund"  changed just like all of ours... So I think that they are reducing my refund, like my daughters , and that is why I can not check the status anymore because the amount of refund is going to be different, All of ours sounds like it is in the" hold review board". this is what the irs stated to me yesterday when I finally go through... She said they can be releasing or holding because they need more info.. I will get a letter if they need more info. But either way she said it will take 6-10 weeks because after they review it to see if they need to hold it it takes a lot of time to get it back into processing for release... uhg..I have never heard of holding to see if they might need to review it.. this is insane.... Also I still have not received my unemployment from last year.. 6 months that has been approved just not processed.. THIS IS CRAZY.... Good luck all and please reach back if Any of you receive a letter or changes so we keep all in the loop... thank you

Refund

Hi , there , I did not have anything on line 30 and my tax return is doing the same thing as everybody elses.. read my post so you can see what irs said when i finall got through.. srahm123

Refund

It has been 4 weeks since the IRS received my 2020 Tax Forms via Turbo Tax and I have not received my refund.  It did include the second stimulus payment of $600.  I received my 2019 refund in two weeks.  I am concerned about the delay.  How do we get a straight answer on the status of our refunds? I just get the message that it is being processed and a date will be provided when available.  

Refund

It’s not turbo tax. You must be clueless about what’s going on with the IRS and the government right now if you are blaming turbo tax. LOL!

Refund

Mine says same thing my friend used h&r block and received go two weeks ago what is turbotax doing because I have tried everything and it is hopeless u please tell me something turbotax because I will pay to get it done I will be waiting for a response

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Refund

@Chefkt

The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 was signed into law on December 27, 2020.  The legislation includes $900 billion for various COVID-19 relief programs, government funding of $1.4 trillion and many, many tax provision changes.  The American Rescue Plan will soon be signed into law and its legislation includes $1.9 billion for COVID-19 relief programs and many more tax provision changes.

The IRS says that it will issue 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days.  However, if: 

• You have e-filed your 2020 Federal tax return,
  • You are claiming a Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return, and
  • Your tax return has been accepted by the IRS.  

We suspect that the IRS will scrutinize stimulus payments that were issued against the tax returns that claim the Recovery Rebate Credit.  We do not know how much delay that the IRS will incur in such cases.  Implementation of the American Rescue Plan will further strain the resources of the IRS.  

IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time.  For stimulus payment questions, call 800-919-9835.

Follow the TurboTax COVID Tax Center and the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center for further developments.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

I’ve got the same problem I called turbo tax and talked to someone the messed up part is turbo tax put a dollar amount on line 30 but I got both my stimulus checks I answered the rebate question truthfully that I received my money so I don’t know why they put the dollar amount on there but now like everyone else my refund is held up it’s not fare that they made the mistake and I have to suffer !

Refund

I hope it’s not a delay because of line 30 because I also trusted turbo tax to help me correctly fill out the form and trusted what they auto generated. I’m worried now that it was incorrect. 

Refund

I am having the same issue. Return was accepted Feb 11 and is still saying that it’s being processed, has said this for over a week. BUT I did not ha e anything on line 30 and have already gotten that stimulus money so why is mine taking so long if it has nothing to do with the rebate recovery?

Refund

AGAIN, everyone’s waiting.  There’s no certain reason or problem. They are behind and very very short staffed. They closed half the hubs last year. Too many refunds and not enough refunders. Lol

Refund

Turbo tax isn’t doing anything. I did get a reply though that said if the rebate was claimed with the tax return, it would delay the refund. I didn’t realize we would be scrutinized like this. I never received the $600 and actually didn’t  know anything about it until turbo tax added it to my refund amount. By all means delay refunds to those that need it most, the middle class workers and retired senior citizens.

Refund

How do you do that if you’ve already filed?  How do i tell them I want a check now?  

Refund

Don’t change it now. Direct deposit is the fastest way to get your refund. If you go trying to change something now it will cause your refund to be held up even longer than it already is.

Refund

Okay thank you 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies