turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund

I filed my return on February the 1st it was accepted on February the 12th I also had to claim the recovery rebate credit and I still have not received my return the where’s my refund app doesn’t even show the bar anymore every time I check it.. it says my refund is still processing and a refund date will be provided when available is there anyone else having this issue 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

320 Replies

Refund

Mine says the same bars disappeared and it says processing and will give a date when available 🤦‍♀️ I know other people who did there taxes through other tax products and got there refunds so what is turbo tax doing with our refunds ????

Refund

Same, same here still processing, topic 152 it was due on the third of March. What I am being told is if you have any amount on line 30 it clicks to error and don't expect a refund for 8 to 10 weeks. So I am screwed as I am sure one of the many that figured it would be the usual refund time and took care of items on to do list.

Refund

Same issue. And cant get through to irs. Just tells me to wait and then says due to your topic and EXTREMELY High call volume It cant be answered . And boots me off. Wtf. Money needed asap

Refund

Who has given you that info.  I truly hope it’s wrong.  

Refund

This is awful.  You cant get a hold of a person to figure out what is going on and you cant make an appointment to talk to someone as the voice mails are full.  I just want my money.  I didnt receive the 2nd stimulus and now I cant even get that on my refund.  Thanks IRS  

JamesG1
Employee Tax Expert

Refund

@Shellnwayne

The IRS says that it will issue 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days.  However, if:

• You have e-filed your 2020 Federal tax return,
  • You are claiming a Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return, and
  • Your tax return has been accepted by the IRS.  

We suspect that the IRS will scrutinize stimulus payments that were issued against the tax returns that claim the Recovery Rebate Credit.  We do not know how much delay that the IRS will incur in such cases. 

Implementation of the American Rescue Plan will further strain the resources of the IRS.  IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time.  For stimulus payment questions, call 800-919-9835.

Follow the TurboTax COVID Tax Center and the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center for further developments.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

Mine said exact same thing, now the bar is gone and is states, 

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

So I finally got through to IRS person after 2 hours waiting . They said that it is either being reviewed for hold, or it will be released.  She looked into everything she could and said the hold review board is holding it to decide if they need more info, or if they are going to release it. ...UHGG.. She gave me no dates, or any other info. She said I had to wait 10 WEEKS!... Then they MIGHT send me a letter if they need more info and that could take another 6-10 weeks... This is CRAZY, I have done me taxes Same way Every year. I have always received my returns within 2 weeks.. I understand they are back logged, but this is crazy.. And by the way this happened to my  friend  and she just received 2019 return  in December. they gave her 83.00 for interest since they held her money for so long.. Please reply back if you are having the same issue and you get your refund, or the irs wheres my refund page changes for you.. thank you

Refund

I am sorry this is happening to you and thank you so much for the info. This really upsets me.  It is one thing to have an issue with my return but I went with Turbo tax to prevent this kind of thing. And since I didnt get the 600 stimulus (even though i got the first one),will I get the 1400 one that is coming? Or will they tell us we have to use our 2021 tax return to get it and have the same thing happen.  

Refund

Just was watching the news it says to gl on the IRS website and make sure u give them ur banking info as checks will be on the way to people next week !!! Hope this info helps !!

JamesG1
Employee Tax Expert

Refund

@srahm123

The IRS says that it will issue 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days.  However, if: 

• You have e-filed your 2020 Federal tax return,
  • You are claiming a Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return, and
  • Your tax return has been accepted by the IRS.  

We suspect that the IRS will scrutinize stimulus payments that were issued against the tax returns that claim the Recovery Rebate Credit.  We do not know how much delay that the IRS will incur in such cases. 

Implementation of the American Rescue Plan will further strain the resources of the IRS.  IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time.  For stimulus payment questions, call 800-919-9835.

Follow the TurboTax COVID Tax Center and the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center for further developments.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

What does this mean in simpler terms?

Refund

From what i understand it means check your tax return if you have anything on line 30 you refund will be about 3 to 6 months.  

Refund

I expected the Recovery Rebate Credit would slow things down.  It's been 4 1/2 weeks since my IRS efile was accepted.

Refund

I did have an amount  on line 30. I assumed that since I received my second stimulus check in 2021, that I wouldn't include it on 2020 taxes. Go figure. I wonder how many other people have done this? I'm not sure if what I did was correct or not.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies