turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

You can try contacting the IRS to see if they can give you any additional information but there are many people experiencing this long delay unfortunately. Here is a link that customers are posting on with updates: Path Act Customer updates.

If you were showing Tax Topic 152 simply means your return is still in the processing stage and topics and bars disappearing mean the process is moving along.

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

Accepted 1/23 was on a 60 day review.. Worked with my local advocate last tues. I updated DDD 3/11 in WMR last night 🙏

Refund

Irs took money last year from me and my husband for past tax he owed and then they took it again this year for the same year they took it for last year! Thank goodness I have all paperwork showing they took it last year they owe me my money!!!

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Refund

@Misty18.  I can feel your frustration.  The truth is that if your husband has a past debt, the IRS can continue to offset your refund until the debt is completely satisfied.  Having said that there is something you can do to get at least a portion of your refund:  file an Injured Spouse form.  The following Help Article gives instructions:  How do I file Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation ...

Refund

Mine just updated today....they took my entire return for a "tax offset". The tax owed was my ex husbands! I'm furious. 

Refund

What exactly does the tax advocate need from you and what do they do? I've been waiting for a long time. IRS said 45 day review

Refund

you need to file a inured spouse form you can get it back

Refund

@Jvanburen82  If it was your ex you would have to file innocent spouse form not injured spouse but innocent spouse there is a difference. They took 6,000 from me and my husband last year for past tax he owed then this year they took it again! For the same year that they already took last year! I’m livid I’m calling them Monday I want my money! They took it twice for the same debt!!

Chris7776
Returning Member

Refund

Still no returns no letter been 6 weeks

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

@Chris7776 The IRS suggests you contact them if it has been more than 21 days since you e-filed your returns. Please see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? for more information on why some returns can take longer than other as well as information for contacting the IRS.

Refund

They told me the same thing I was accepted on 1/15 it's not only turbo tax bc I filed with h&r block. 

Refund

Still nothing my transcript says today but nothing this is getting crazy 

Refund

i filed Jan 25th 2020 was accepted Jan 27th 2020. it’s been way past the 21 days no idea what’s happening.. anytime i try and look up my status it says it can’t provide me any info

Refund

I just received my transcripts. What does the "processing date" mean? My processing date is set for today 3/09/2020 and also under Code 570 (Additional Account Action Pending) is also for today 3/09/2020). What does this date mean?

cwill5797
Returning Member

Refund

the only thing the stinkin irs tells you is that you return still processing and it under a 60 review then your refund will be issued after the day you call i called today so now im waiting 60 days  wow

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies