turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

Hey when you log into wmr type transcript into the search box it will then prompt you to set up an account o selected for educational purposes if your able to view your transcript then thats one up for knowing that your return is being processed and the negative number you see will be your return amount but unfortunately if you have an offest this WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED on your transcript

Refund

@Merrylou691 same here my issue mimics yours. Mine says processing but not date has be given to me. My transcript says code 570. Which is a hold of some sort. But nothing has changed for me. You can look up the codes on the irs website and meaning 

Refund

if she got hers already she didnt claim them. anyone who claimed the child tax credit wouldnt get theirs until first week of march

Refund

That's not right cause I'm getting mine for the 26th with child credit 

Refund

Just got off the phone with the irs. Cant  get my transcript my refund still being processed. No red flags, no errors, no letter sent out, just still being processed due to child credit. Updates will be on friday 2/29 for the nxt DDD good luck guys 

Refund

No update yet I’m really hoping to see something soon 

Refund

it's 2/24 and my status is still just showing processing - which it's been showing for over a week.  I thought all EITC & child tax credits status' were supposed to update on 2/22/20 - Do I have an option to find out exactly what's happening?  I pay for TurboTax deluxe...

cwill5797
Returning Member

Refund

i have been waiting excatly a month and still no return and still no change on status

Refund

Not ALL the PATH returns have been released or processed yet ... someone on another thread said they talked to someone at the IRS last week and a batch of the early test returns are still on hold for processing ... another reason to not efile early.  No one needs to be a test subject for the IRS. 

Refund

I don't have an option of a search box

Refund

Where do you see a code on the transcript, please?

Refund

Me either. I was a earlier filer I'm confused how everyone I know that claimed eitc rec ddd but not me. 

cwill5797
Returning Member

Refund

when i call the irs and check the status of my refund it says the same thing over and over

Refund

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control.  TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20a of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Per the IRS :

How quickly will I get my refund?
We issue most refunds in less than 21 calendar days.

I’m counting on my refund for something important. Can I expect to receive it in 21 days?
Many different factors can affect the timing of your refund after we receive your return. Even though we issue most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your refund may take longer. Also, remember to take into consideration the time it takes for your financial institution to post the refund to your account or for you to receive it by mail.

It's been longer than 21 days since the IRS received my return and I haven’t gotten my refund. Why?
Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Includes errors
  • Is incomplete
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
  • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which could take up to 14 weeks to process
  • Needs further review in general

We will contact you by mail when we need more information to process your return.

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?
According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects most EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15. 

Will calling you help me get my refund any faster?
No. Our phone and walk-in representatives can only research the status of your refund 21 days after you filed electronically; 6 weeks after you mailed your paper return; or if Where’s My Refund? directs you to contact us.

What information does Where’s My Refund? have?
It has information on the most recent tax year refund we have on file for you.

When can I start checking Where’s My Refund? for my refund’s status?
24 hours after we’ve received your electronically filed tax return or 4 weeks after you’ve mailed a paper tax return.

Will Where’s My Refund? show me when I’ll receive my refund?
Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date after we process your return and approve your refund.

Refund

Same here. Still no update. Tried calling IRS and get hung up on. Called an advocate was on hold for 20 minutes to be transferred to a line that was telling me to call on a later time because it was being bombarded with calls. Still processing. I was an early filer as well. And got accepted 1/27, no letter, still processing. I had one bar for most of February and then it disappeared to still being processing 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies