turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sls01bws
Returning Member

refund status

I filed my joint  202 taxes Feb 12th.  I am retired. so a few 1099, house tax deduction, medical insurance deduction. And past stim owed and current. IRS say still processing since Feb 13th. Bars appear on rare occasion. Calls to IRS useless. First call March 11th. Your taxes were just sent for review.  Next call nothing wrong with your taxes no not in review, yes that is what your refund amount still is.  Last call went through all info got communicated got disconnected.  No information from IRS in letters or on account.  Where's my refund still says still processing. It took me 20 minutes to do my taxes.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

refund status

The IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the new tax laws and extra stimulus filings, as well as unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown.  Unfortunately, contacting the IRS will not speed things up.  Lots of other folks are still waiting, so please continue to be patient.  Also see:

Why Tax Refunds Are Taking Longer Than Usual (forbes.com)

Called the IRS lately? Agency struggles to hire customer service reps despite pandemic unemployment ...

sls01bws
Returning Member

refund status

Today I finally  got an answer from the IRS. There was an error on my taxes. Not my error but apparently 

turbo tax software error. I put in the amount  0f the money I got on the first 2 stimulus.  First I got a partial very small amount 2nd one I got zero.   And although your software says I am entitled once again I am not for that back pay on stimulus. 

SO because of this error I will not see anything until the end of May or early June.  And because they won't approve it until then I will have wait on the 2800 also because I wont be approved til then.  And who knows if they will still send at that late date.

Totally disappointed in turbo tax. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies