`

Refund/payment

Refund/payment

Please ask a complete question so we do not have to guess what you need.

Refund/payment

I filed my 2019 raves with Turbo tax. I owed Federal approx $4100. I paid using my debit card and as of yet it hasn’t been taken out of my account. I was also supposed to get  approx $400 from State and I haven’t received that either. I want to be sure everything was filed accurately.

Refund/payment

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note: If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

Refund/payment

I have not been receiving my refunds after filing for the last 5 - 7 years can you explain why this is?

Refund/payment

Did you ask the IRS?  Have you been asking every year? Or you're just asking now after all this time?

Did you efile your returns?  Was your return Accepted?  When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile. Just paying the fee doesn't file the return.  After you paid did you continue on to the very end and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

Maybe you didn't finish filing it or it Rejected.  When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

Refund/payment

For as far back as seven years you have not received your income tax refunds?  And you are just now getting around to asking?  Did you file returns for those years?  Did you e-file them or mail them?  Do you have copies of the returns that show you were supposed to receive refunds?  Did you use TurboTax to prepare those returns?  What was your filing status?  What kind of income did you report--- was it income reported on W-2's or self-employment income?

Do you owe back child support, student loan debt or back taxes?  Have you received any letters from the IRS?

If you look for transcripts of those tax returns on the IRS site, what does it show?  Does the IRS have transcripts?  (If not, then you did not file)

You can get a free transcript from the IRS:   

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript