turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund advance

Did you get an email first or did the funds just show up? Also what time of day was your accepted on the 24th? Because mine was accepted at 6:51 EST and I’m still waiting

Refund advance

@cutiekim641  Was yours accepted that time pm or am?  I just called irs and they said they have my taxes. This is totally a turbo problem 

Refund advance

PM. I’ve talked to First Century Bank and Santa Barbara Tax Group. This is absolutely a TurboTax problem! What makes it worse is they’re not giving their customers any information. Even their CS agents aren’t being told anything. From their Twitter page you can see it’s a mass event quite a few Redding advance customers. But they’re still advertising a 1 hour advance on their website. I’ve already requested a legal review of this incident at class action.org. This is unacceptable!

Refund advance

I received a notification from credit karma that the funds were deposited then an email from TT and then I checked the TT app and it had also updated to show the advance. I submitted my return 1/24 around 10 am cst. My refund was accepted the same day around 130pm cst!

Refund advance

I’m dealing with the same situation with TurboTax for 9+ years and first time doing advance and using credit karma. Filed 1/21 also and first century has nothing for me but turbo says everything is submitted to them and that they will get my issued refund for irs? How if they have no info on me? I’m so confused with this mess and it’s happening to a lot of us. I think it’s TurboTax issue cause it’s different every time you talk to them. 1 agent even told me I didn’t efile yet when I had my account right in Front of me stating everything even already accepted from irs. Then all of sudden he found everything and everything was good to go and application was “re submitted” not sure how? But first century still has no info for me. What a scam this has become. I’m worried for my return now 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund advance

It is common for it to sometimes take a little longer to process your return and your advance. More details and information that will explain more on your Refund Advance has been provided for you by clicking here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund advance

Not in my case. My refund was accepted by irs on 1/24. Turbo said everything is good for the application for the advance yet when I pulled up all my documents and forms there is not 1 page out of 50+ pages to first century bank. Only green dot bank? 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund advance

@Machado We are aware that some of our customers are experiencing this.  We are investigating and will post more details once they become available.  Thank you for your patience as we work toward a resolution.

Refund advance

When are you expecting this to be fixed? What’s the ETA?

Refund advance

My taxes were accepted on Monday and I still haven't gotten an answer. I called turbo tax they say the same thing as they said to the original poster. They didn't even see anything that said I filed for an advance even though on my tax report the first 3 pages say I did. I was directed to santa Barbara ( who I'm guessing is their headquarters) and they say it's pending. They said the lender hasn't made a decision yet. I ask for a number to the lender and they don't have one. Just keep telling me to feel free to call back. I have a bank account I would have preferred to use however once I was pre-approved I was forced to use credit karma just to get it. I'm starting to believe they just want people to sign up with them. There are too many people experiencing issues that no one seems to know how to fix

Refund advance

Did you use your refund to pay for your return? Green Dot still handles that. 

Refund advance

Yes I did

Refund advance

@Machado I am glad you brought up the part about Green Dot Bank.  I too followed those steps to see where my refund was supposed to go and saw mention of green dot bank but at the time didn't think anything of it because it had my newly created Credit Karma account information listed for where the IRS would be sending the funds. Also at the time I did not know that the bank they were now using was First Century Bank so I just assumed green dot was correct but unless green dot is involved in the Credit Karma Spend account which is very possible because all of these online bank accounts that have been popping up all over like Chime and Brex, etc. Are backed by a larger bank.  So that is definitely a possibility but the fact we are having so many issues makes me wonder if your correct and green dot is not involved at all and TT possibly sent our information to them instead of First Century which would definitely explain why First Century has not issued our advances!  

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund advance

If your return was accepted, please contact Credit Karma for help with your Refund Advance experience.  

Credit Karma Help Center

Refund advance

I have called Credit Karma, I have called First Century Bank, and I have called TurboTax. Each one says it’s the other one’s problem to fix. I NEED this refund advance! I have a $280 medication that if I don’t get in the next 36 hours is going to land me in the hospital! I’M LITERALLY BEGGING FOR SOMEONE TO HELP ME! What do I have to do to get my refund advance. PLEASE!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies