turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Question about refund advance

Yeah report them to FTC & Better Business Beirut 

I got nothing from Turbo Tax on spam or junk mail. This is just bs ! I’m reporting  this! I want all my refund in my Turbo tax card forget the advance! This is a scam!

At this point I only hope that they don’t deduct $500 from my advance refund that I never got out of my physical card that’s suppose to come in my mail. TT please get things right! I’m only one step away from reporting you guys to FTC & BBB

A lot of people are reporting them for false advertising already. Did you know that even if you choose the option to file for free they still take 79 dollars of your return? It specifically states in all documents that you will not be charged but they charge you anyway. Also I was one of the first people accepted (January 17th) but it took 3 days to get my advance.

Levario

It did that to me I was approved for 1500 and now got email saying not approved :( it's a scam to get there card and now I'm pist.

knightghost
Returning Member

Haven received my advance

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

@knightghost The refund advance loan offer was only available until February 15, 2021. If you were accepted for the program but never received your money call First Century Bank, N.A. at (888) 285-4169.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I feel the same! Now I’m starting to think TurboTax is scamming people just to get all the extra fees. TurboTax is Making you go through the whole process and even if you meet all the pre-qualifications with flying colors they still deny you. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Some people have solved the refund advance issue by ensuring their emails are the same with Credit Karma and TurboTax. 

Please review the following post for the instructions. Please make sure you view the last post on the thread.

Re: I get this message when I get to the end to fi...

Kat806
Returning Member

I found your answer today as I needed the same one. Turbotax advertising is misleading. According to First Century Bank, who administers the refund advance loan to Credit Karma, they wait until the IRS APPROVES your return, not when they ACCEPT it.

"When will I get my Refund Advance?

You'll get your Refund Advance funds typically within one hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed federal tax return (estimated late-January)."

Kat806
Returning Member

I found your answer today as I needed the same one. Turbotax advertising is misleading. According to First Century Bank, who administers the refund advance loan to Credit Karma, they wait until the IRS APPROVES your return, not when they ACCEPT it.

My refund was accepted over a week ago and still have no been approved for my refund advance

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

If the refund advance is unfortunately not approved, you will receive an email. Check your junk/spam folders as it can potentially filter out @angelab1617.

@xmasbaby0 its been weeks since the 27th and I haven’t even gotten an email so givin hope the advance is coming is false

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@justdree

This is an old thread that may have outdated information. 

Are you waiting on a confirmation of the Refund Advance or an email confirming the decision?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies