Re: People with cycle code 20200705 and processing... - Page 38

August_biechy

People with cycle code 20200705 and processing date 03/2 POST HERE!!! EITC/ACTC/and PATHers

ANYONE WHO IS ASKING ABOUT IRS AND REFUNDS! I've read through the comments and honestly I've spent the past hour looking for some answers for everyone... And let's face it we have all been told lies and bs by other people including the IRS (perfect example is them saying it's a random or routine review when it isn't) whether it's a script or not doesn't really matter.  From information that has been released the IRS is shutting down SOME facilities to try containing the spread of the Covid-19. It says they are shutting them progressively and trying to keep it quiet. It does not say they are completely shutting down. Now they are still processing returns however due to shut downs and having to work from telemarketing there may be a delay longer than usual for refunds and for wait times on the phone. It does not give a specific time period. Irs suggests people tomwork with their loc tax advocate office to try getting the returns fixed and processed more efficiently however the main toll free tax advocate phone number is unavailable currently and they suggest calling your local tax advocate office.... Again because emany of those facilities are shut too but they are working through "telemarketing"... Hope this helps give some hope that they are still processing and I hope this clears up a few things.... Don't believe everything you hear and see make sure you read full articles because headlines are always misleading.... Do some research and read thoroughly before you start panicking.... If anyone wants the site's I used I will copy and paste them... Just ask.... 

Mandy111

Yes if you could please. 

August_biechy

Okay I'm attaching 2-3 links to pages. Please remember to read full articles not just headlines!! 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

August_biechy

Here's a starting point for people who wants to look further into the IRSand tax information right now

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

August_biechy

Here is a pretty good overall idea from Forbes as well... There's more but I think this should cover most questions that are in the air...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2020/03/23/irs-quietly-closing-offices-during-covid-19...

dewilson2023

In the news today and some news outlets are going to be blasting the IRS in days to come because you best believe I called. 

The IRS is also operating at less than full capacity at one of its busiest times of the year. The agency has been forced to close many offices or reduce operations in facilities across the country, including those performing “mission-critical” tasks.

Commissioner Charles Rettig said in an email to employees last week that even if a facility isn’t closed, its workforce will be cut in half to comply with social distancing orders.

Offices Closed

Yes, they are shutting down and trying to do so quickly and quietly so it does not create an uproar. I don't need to lie when I have just only reported what was told to myself. Believe me when I say I even cried and I'm a dude. My family is homeless and we have no one. So, use this information to make financial plans to help your family until May or June. Under a review could mean even longer. 

LaQuanCh01

Ok tax family. Any updates?? Is the IRS closed? Everytime I called I would get the message that no one is available to assist with my issue. When calling a TA what exactly do I say because I had no luck there either. I still have the 570 code. No update since Feb.

CarissaM

The IRS is not closed, they are however experiencing high wait times. 

LaQuanCh01

Sooo I have called [phone number removed] yesterday and today..both days the recording says the IRS cannot take any calls until further notice. I guess this means they are closed.

dewilson2023

I've been trying to tell people this but no one wants to listen because it's bad news. Processing centers an TA are shut down. you can reach your ta because they are working from home but does not do any good because the IRS is not working from home but yet the TA will tell you that they're trying to get laptops to the IRS agents but I don't know how well that's going to work because of confidentiality, of peoples personal information

dewilson2023

My TA literally had to track down the manager of the IRS agent that's handling my refund and they're trying to work it out to where they can release it. However they've all been sent home

LaQuanCh01

No luck with TA bc the office in this state aren't taking calls either. Smh. So I called turbo tax and had the date of the payment for services changed to a later date

Mandy111

Same.... I've been waiting on TA to call for over 2 weeks spoke with someone Wednesday last week and the agent was sending to supervisor was suppose to get a call within 3 days and today is day 4 yet again tried calling and got the 3 day for someone to call back. Still no updates I'm on day 81 since I filed. 65 days since it was accepted on the 27th of January, and now day 48 since my letter came 4464c 60 day review so I bet I get another 60 day review letter next week I'm betting on that happening. I'm over it at this point have given up contacting anyone or getting any type of updates at this point. 

DL2020

@dewilson2023   you have indeed been saying for a while now that the IRS has been/will be closing. But folks wanted to chime...smh.  So thanks for the heads up! 

dewilson2023

@DL2020 Thank you for that. And I get it, no one wants to hear bad news especially when it comes to money, much needed money. I just wanted people to brace themselves and maybe have a chance to find financial help elsewhere instead of being slapped in the face blind sided like I was. My family was. My TA who is working from home with shortened hours said it could be May to June. 

The system is up so you can file and if you don't get flagged your good but if you do, don't count on this money any time soon. Claimed my nephew's for 3 years had same job for 3 years but with Trump's new rules a lot of people are going to get flagged and it's bogus