turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

People with cycle code 20200705 and processing date 03/2 POST HERE!!! EITC/ACTC/and PATHers

So did I!

People with cycle code 20200705 and processing date 03/2 POST HERE!!! EITC/ACTC/and PATHers

Posting to address some concerns voiced :

Starting 2 years ago the time frame for employers to send in W-3 to the IRS was changed to 1/31 ... the same time as they had to get W-2 forms to the employees.  This allows the IRS to confirm what the taxpayer entered on the return with the info from the employer ( we tell people all the time to NOT use the last pay stub as this will often bite them in the end)  and they can and will stop a return until the discrepancy can be resolved.  And this is to reduce the incident of income tax fraud which costs the country billions every year.

The IRS also has things they look for which can change from year to year so you may have filed the same way every year but this time got caught for a review... no one is to blame.  Also some returns are pulled totally randomly for review ... this keeps the public honest. 

And a taxpayer advocate is NOT a viable alternative to seek return processing information ... they cannot "see" anything on the IRS site anymore than you can.  When an advocate is allowed to intercede all they can do is request information from the IRS agents and advocate on your behalf ... they can not demand anything or force the IRS to do anything.  Their job is to smooth the situation not be aggressive and aggravate it. 

More info on the Taxpayer Advocate Service:
http://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/About-TAS/Who-We-Are

http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Taxpayer-Advocate-Service-6

Also see this article for more info on how the Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

Yup, I think this is something we have all figured out as we move along in trying to get our refunds. However, we continue to share experiences with each other because as we all know, each of our situations, responses, and ways that we found solutions will differ and sharing those details can sometimes be helpful to someone else. 

daa7
Level 2

Where does it show the dates?

if Your referring to your transcripts its the 2019 to the far right on your transcripts page. It will show on, I believe the first page where you see the codes. 

if you have the 846 code that is your refund and date will be on the right of that. 

daa7
Level 2

What if you don’t have that 846 code yet? I have all the others.

ash-holz
Returning Member

I checked my transcripts for first time Friday and noticed 570. Nothing after. I did get a letter just general under review up to 60 days don’t do  anything now. I called IRS they said wage review and wait. I called a TA they took 30 minutes to look into my file and said he can see my wages I reported didn’t match What my employer reported it was off by 2,300 I was over 😱 he said to wait they may adjust it maybe not. So I didn’t get a clear answer.

ash-holz
Returning Member

What do you have to take to your local IRS office? I’ve never heard of anyone being able to do that before?

ash-holz
Returning Member

No 971 means notice sent. You want 571 after 570 which means it’s been lifted. 

Going through similar but I never got a notice just waiting to call a TA monday if it doesn’t clear. 

ash-holz
Returning Member

How do you make an appointment?

I hope this information helps you all with 570 codes and nothing else, including no letter. I called the IRS Friday, the lady was very vague with me she told me my account was under review and it could take up to 45 days. When I inquired about if a letter would be coming, she said a letter may or may not be mailed it has to be reviewed.

I kept asking questions and she said to give her a few minutes and she said well it looks like your “withholding is off” and she went on to say if I filed using a last paystub versus a W2. I quickly shut it down and said I used my W2 not a paystub. She said well yeah, they’ll have to review it and they have 45 days. And I proceeded to ask if I could provide anything to speed up the process in any way. She said to call back around March 6th if it wasn’t resolved.

So I flip out. With the whole “withholding” being off. And call the TA line. Get a pin and wait 2 hours and 30 mins to be hung up on by the automated voice. Call back, wait another 30 and talk to another woman. She tells me that she will have to transfer me back to the line that I was referred to at this point I’m asking her for info. Like what do you see before transferring me and making me wait an hour again! Do you see something wrong with my withholding? Wages? Anything?

She says hold on and looks and says no there’s nothing wrong with your withholding I’m sorry if you were misinformed unless what she is “seeing” is from when you were first processed before path was lifted. Your wages and withholding all look fine. But I’m seeing ALOT of people call our line about this code and it is just too soon! Path just lifted and if you haven’t been reprocessed then your hold is for earned income and child tax credits. Which they HAVE to verify to prevent fraud. She said, I honestly wouldn’t have referred you because it’s WAY too soon. This could clear up your next process. So did this IRS lady just give me a panic attack for nothing? She said she sees the same thing they do and she can’t tell me if my credits are good! But for sure your wages and withholding are. 😑😭

UPDATE: 

Those who filed with turbo tax. If you wanna grab your W-2’s and call this number ([phone number removed]) so you can verify your information.

I repeated customer service two times to the auto voice. Was connected to the representative and explained that I wanted her to walk me through my return and the numbers I entered when I filed. Just to be sure the numbers lined up and everything was accurate for peace of mind. Keep in mind when I called the IRS, the lady told me I was under review and my “withholdings look off.” The lady even said I could amend my return if I wanted, because I kept asking what I could do to help. Okay why would you advise me to do that when my numbers are right?!

Like mentioned earlier when I called the TA line right away and they said. Your withholdings and wages match.... I don’t know why she told you that. Well just now I got double peace of mind. My turbo tax representative was AMAZING, I was on my phone while having her on speaker. She gave me access on my phone screen to review everything I put on my return to verify all numbers compared to my W-2’s. She said unfortunately I think the lady just said that because you kept prying her for info. So she just gave you something random so you’d stop asking stuff. I said yeah but she freaked me out! I thought I made a typo. She said no girl just breathe, you just verified your numbers are good! You should update soon and if you don’t, then get a tax advocate. I’m feeling a little better now that I saw my numbers. Just a waiting game!

@ Ash 

You first need the letter they send you then you can make the appointment. All info will be on the letter they send you.   Hope this helps !

Daa7 all you can do is wait. It should be updating by this week for you or sometime soon. 

How early you think it will deposit like monday ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies