Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection comes up when I try to get my return started internet is fine for everything except TT. How can I get to my return?

I remember I was about to enter my brokerage information manually but TurboTax had a message saying let us import your info, you’ll be impressed. I’m not Impressed!!!

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection comes up when I try to get my return started internet is fine for everything except TT. How can I get to my return?

I was able to upload the PDF from last year to import the data.  Not a great option, but it worked.

That's really funny, because I focused on that same statement.  I was thinking the same thing this entire time... not exactly impressed.

Hi @jjhart9869 

I am having same issue since I imported my documents from Fidelity. Were you able to figure out a solution. I have spent over an hour with customer support and they can't figure out what to do. I am willing to clear and start over but that option also is not working.

TIA

I think they are in denial about the import issue.  The only solution that they gave was to create a new account.  You will probably need a different email address to use for that.

Not yet. Another guy said he created a new account and uploaded his information from last year. I plan on spending time on the phone w tech support tomorrow.  Did they provide any help at all?

No help at all. Tech support had me clean my cache/cookies, use different browser, different device and then finally use the app. Nothing worked.I have been using document import from Fidelity and others for last couple of years but never had this issue. When I did the import it worked for some time but suddenly dissapeared and since then have not been able to access the information that I have already filled. 

My tax filing progress was working great until I did the import functions as well. I think thats the part that is broken that they won't admit too. I don't understand how they can't figure this out unless their entire IT staff doesn't actually work for them and is instead simply contracted out

I was on the phone with TurboTax support for over an hour today. When I finally got to speak with the Resolutions Desk, I was informed that an investigation case has been opened into this issue. I'm going to check back with them in one week to see if there is any progress. I'll let you know if there is an update.

Anyone have any luck - their tech support is useless.  told me the same thing everyone else - reset, clear cache, try different browswer.....

i've tried hardwired, wifi, 5 browswers, 4 devices, and get the same bs message

After about two months without access, without trying anything really new I was able to log in and edit. Coincidentally this happed after the barrage of comments the poured in for this issue in the last week. 

The only thing different was that I connected to the internet in the last house where I did some of the online tax work in December. Unsure if this has anything to do with it, but it worked with no glitches. I had previously tried four different internet connections in two different states, but not this one. Maybe a security thing related to improper logout and unexpected location for the next login attempt? 

Internet is superfast on two of the four connections I tried. The other two were a mobile hotspot, and a slower work connection, but all would be considered fast connections by most standards.

I just tried a fifth connection, the slowest and most unstable yet, and it worked. Unsure why it suddenly worked. 

Its still not working for me. I'll be switching to HR Block soon if they can't get it figured out. 

It's a known issue.  I talked to tech support today she said they are hoping to have it fixed next week.  Another person thru fb dm at turbotax said you could call them and they will transfer it to a desk top version now....my guess you going to be sitting on hold for a while.  

For folks who are done with this insane loop of Customer Service denying or deflecting this issue, if you have a twitter account and are experiencing this issue then please tweet or DM the CEO of Intuit Sasan Goodarzi.

Seems like this is the only way we can get this resolved per this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TurboTax/comments/l3nujy/cannot_access_2020_entered_data/ 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies