turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Once the IRS has accepted the turbo tax filing, will it automatically be used for determining stimulus eligibility?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DianeC958
Expert Alumni

Once the IRS has accepted the turbo tax filing, will it automatically be used for determining stimulus eligibility?

Yes, it will be used to determine your eligibility for the Stimulus Payment.

From the IRS web site the requirements for receiving a Stimulus Payment.

U.S. residents will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, and $2,400 for married filing jointly if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number with adjusted gross income up to:

• $75,000 for individuals
  • $112,500 for head of household filers and
  • $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns

Taxpayers will receive a reduced payment if their AGI is between:

• $75,000 and $99,000 if their filing status was single or married filing separately
  • 112,500 and $136,500 for head of household
  • $150,000 and $198,000 if their filing status was married filing jointly

The amount of the reduced payment will be based upon the taxpayers specific adjusted gross income.

Eligible retirees and recipients of Social Security, Railroad Retirement, disability or veterans' benefits as well as taxpayers who do not make enough money to normally have to file a tax return will receive a payment. This also includes those who have no income, as well as those whose income comes entirely from certain benefit programs, such as Supplemental Security Income benefits.

Retirees who receive either Social Security retirement or Railroad Retirement benefits will also receive payments automatically.

@modman123

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the response. I have a follow up question. I created account at IRS.gov and the only tax information that I see on there is from 2018. I don’t see my 2019 tax information on that website.Is there a lag time between the IRS Excepting my 2019 return and that information showing up on the IRS.gov website? We sold a house in 2018  and our AGI Was well over the stimulus limit. That’s why I filed 2019 already in hopes that they would look at that AGI as we are under the limit for the stimulus.

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

The IRS will look at your 2019 information first. If they have accepted your 2019 federal tax return and sent your refund, or cashed your balance due payment, then that will be the information they use to provide the stimulus payment.

Generally, I find that information on the public and semi-public IRS information sites does have a delay. If you filed in the last couple of months I would not expect to find the data on the IRS web-sites.  

@modman123

Thanks for the response. Just a quick follow-up to that I filed my 2019 and it was excepted by the IRS, however the taxes that I owe I’m not paying until July 15. But my bank information was put into TurboTax. I’m assuming this is where they will send the money if it comes? And there’s no problem with the deferment of payment until July 15 even though the tax return has been excepted correct?

DanaB27
Employee Tax Expert

You should check if the IRS has your bank information when the IRS opens its "Get My Payment" application around April 17.

The IRS is planning to open a "Get My Payment" application in mid-April to allow taxpayers to check on their stimulus payment and to update their direct deposit information. You can visit the following link for the most recent updates: Economic Impact Payments

Correct, you have until July 15th to pay your taxes even when you filed earlier.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies