Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No advance after taxes accepted January 23 and Credit Karma account.

I see this is an issue amongst a lot of filers but has anyone gotten any answers? I’ve spoken to both TurboTax and Credit Karma but neither seem to have a clue. Now, I’m even wondering if the refund itself will come through. I’ve filed with TurboTax for seven years (with advances) and have never had an issue. But this is very suspicious 🤨. I don’t trust this process any longer. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

27 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Help Article here concerning more details about this experience and how you can sign up for updates for a resolution. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same here. I have been having an uneasy feeling for about a week now. Its also making me uneasy i filed and my relative file exactly the same every year and financials are 98% identical. This year we filed on the exact same day I even submitted mine 5 minutes prior to her, both accepted on the same day again, i was accepted 4 hours to her being accepted.  She has received her taxes 4 days ago. I don't understand never had an issue with timing or taxes the only change this year is credit Karma advance.   I hope there is an update or answers soon.....

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Majesticqueen

Please see this Help Article concerning more details about this experience and how you can sign up for updates for a resolution. 

Mine is doing the same thing! Accepted on January 25, both federal and state and said “estimated date of return February 15” on Turbo Tax, but any time I try to get any information on the IRS website it states I must try again 24-48 hours after getting the “accepted” email from the IRS, which I received the 25th!! 

I hope everyone gets their returns on time this year!! 🖤

This is the exact reason I'm in the section of the website I too opted for that option and do t see anything anywhere very suspicious

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax gives an estimated date, based on the date filed. 

In order to get an exact date on the date you will receive the refund, you will need to go to the Where's My Refund website here

When I e-filed my taxes through TurboTax and opted for the refund advance I was told to make a Spend account through Credit Karma to receive the advance ,in which it showed my state and federal refund status. Now when I log into Credit Karma, it no longer shows me my refund status it shows me that I can begin filing through credit karma. But why is it showing that instead of my refund status. It’s almost like I didn’t even file.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

As the Refund Advance is set up on a Credit Karma Visa Debit Card, if you were seeing this information on their website and it's no longer showing, you would want to reach out to Credit Karma Support for assistance.

You can also check your e-file status on our website, just to be sure that your taxes are complete.

@Gemani2014

RefundProcessing
Returning Member

Was it also your first time using a Credit Karma account? I didn't get approved for an advance but it's my first time using credit Karma spend account for my deposit. Getting very nervous...

RefundProcessing
Returning Member

Credit Karma has never shown me the tracker and now when I followed your link to Credit Karma support and clicked on the tiny print at the bottom that says "Tax info" I'm taken to Cash APP Taxes and it says "Credit Karma tax is now "Cash App Tax." What the heck is going on?

Hi, 

No. I have actually had Credit Karma for five years. Which also caused me to be even more suspicious. This makes absolutely no sense at all and they still don’t have answers.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

TiffanyL has provided an answer above, please refer to her answer. If you feel you need to contact Credit Karma, please follow the link below.

Credit Karma Support

Okay so check this out If you have kids you're going to be waiting longer than anyone else. I don't care if your refund is that simple if you have children because of all the stimulus and the child tax credit advance and just the child tax credit itself no refunds containing any dependents or child tax credits even start get processed till after February 15th it's been like that for years now. I filed at the beginning of February probably February 4th I think just about and I'm still waiting it still says accepted. My boyfriend filed February 10th And he already got his refund My boyfriend doesn't have kids He just had w-2s and PUA unemployment and earned income credit. It says in big giant letters on the IRS website anyone who had the child tax credit or earned income credit won't see the refunds till March 1st. Technically it'd probably be March 3rd because the IRS usually deposits money on the same day and that's Wednesdays. Depending on your bank. Some of them do it two days early so March 1st. I think you'll be fine just wait till March 1st. If you don't have any dependents or earned income credit or you're missing a stimulus or you're not missing a stimulus I mean then I would worry a little but other than that everyone worries for no reason and then they show up It's just a matter of when they get to it and they always do single people without children first. 

I don't even know why people bother trying to get advances It's a waste of money. They charge you for that. Yeah I know it sucks We all need money and we want it now but guess what It's better wait and then wasting it. TurboTax is a bunch of scumbags They said my refund was going to be free to file the IRS tell me it would be free to file and then they added on $40 then another $40 and then another $40 so I ended up paying them $120 to do a simple refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies