Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

news about stimulus!!!!!!

@Ebayjackson  - the IRS will be sending letters within 15 days of the stimulus payment to explain everything

and I assume your children are under 17 years old, right? 

here is the worst case scenario: 

• The stimulus payments are really based on your 2020 tax return (income, dependents, etc).
  • The IRS is using either 2018 or 2019 – whatever is available  - to ESTIMATE that payment
  • When you file next year there will be a “settle up” section on the tax return. 
  • If you are due more stimulus (and this would include where children were left off the payment including children born in 2019 or 2020)), you will receive it through the 2020 tax filing as an additional refund.
  • If you received too much, by law, you are not required to return it

I try to look on the IRS Get my payment tab and it says that it can’t confirm that I am eligible. I’ve moved and changed banks since 2018 taxes and it doesn’t show that my 2019 were filed (which they were accepted by the IRS on 4/14/20). How can I get them my current info if TurboTax is not transferring the information from this years taxes?

@mkeebler122079 -from other posts, it appears the stimulus payment may be waiting on the 2019 tax return to be processed.  suggest checking once per week for the next few weeks to see if you are able to update the banking information.  Was it on your tax return?

This is the best and latest article for us people that have stimulus payments that have gone into the ICLOUD 

https://time.com/5530766/tax-season-2019-changes/

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately I owe taxes this year so it won’t have my banking info from direct deposit. My taxes were accepted by the IRS on TurboTax so I guess I just don’t understand why it doesn’t show on IRS.GOV. I’m checking often but it still just says that they don’t show that I’m eligible. I don’t want to miss out on any stimulus money because I am hurting financially too!!

@mkeebler122079 - you taxes were 'accepted' but maybe not 'processed' - "processing" normally takes up to three weeks after "acceptance".  when were they "accepted" 

That makes so much sense. Thanks so much for all your info!!!

Li7
Level 3

I filed February 3. Still says processing 

It has been almost six weeks for my Refund from IRS, not to mention The IRS keeps trying to deposit my stimulus money two Fridays in a row to an account that has been closed and charged off from 2018 tax return. My 2019 return has mentioned in process for 6 weeks???  Any suggestions, tried for two weeks to get ahold of IRS and no live reps available?? 

I used turbo tax for this years return and entered  my bank info for direct deposit of my refund. The "wheres my money" link for stimulus payment info says that irs doesn't have any bank info and I have no way of re entering this huge mistake that turbo tax has caused me. What now???

If you filed tour 2019 taxes it will go to the address that You used for current taxes. You can go online to the IRS and make sure it's right. Some people have been getting theirs on the turbo tax card or their bank account if they had direct deposit. 

I haven't received mine either. It's going to take them quite a while to get all those out all over the United States. 

Yeah filed 2019, but is in process for over 6 weeks.  Either Turbo Tax or IRS is using 2018 direct deposit information instead of looking at 2019 returns that are still stuck in process!!! I even filed a nonfilers which I was told to do to input deposit information to find out it has been sent twice to a bank account that has been closed for over a year.  This is horrible!!! Please advise what to do ?? When are the paper checks coming out??? 

charlie26

You guys sent my payment to the wrong bank  CATAHOULA LASALLE BANK

@charlie26 - is the account open at that Bank?  if so, that is where the money will be.  if no, then the money will "bounce back" and a check will be mailed.

Curious how that is the 'wrong bank' - didn't you provide that bank on your tax return or at the portal? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies