Need advice on claiming EIC after a TurboTax glitch denied me this credit

Hi there: when I filed taxes last week, the Turbotax software failed to process my Earned Income Credit. This means that my return has no Schedule EIC.

In order to amend my return will I need to file Schedule EIC along with the 1040X?

Will I also need to file Form 8862 (Information to Claim Certain Credits After Disallowance)?

I wold be so grateful for advice, as I find taxes really intimidating... 

No, you will only need to amend to include EIC, if you are allowed to claim it.  It can only be "disallowed" by the IRS itself, not due to it not being included in the initial tax filing.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to help...

My pleasure! 

The same thing happened to me except i just mailed the form back to the IRS. Should I have amended the return or will it be ok? Also, will we be able to track it under the Amended Return tool on the IRS website?

Hi there: I just sent back the CP09 that the IRS sent me a couple weeks later. I didn't file an amend... after googling for advice, I found some info saying that if you send back the CP09 you don't have to file an amended return. Of course, now I'm searching for the website where I read that just to verify, I can't find it anywhere! But I have a feeling it might have been on the H&R Block forum...