turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My taxes are pending but I need to change my agi because apparently i have to claim a 1099c What am I suppose to do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

My taxes are pending but I need to change my agi because apparently i have to claim a 1099c What am I suppose to do?

It sounds like you accidentally filed your taxes without reporting a 1099-C. If this is correct, you will need to amend your return. First, make sure you really need to amend and that your 2019 return was accepted in TurboTax Online or paper-filed through the mail. You can't amend a return that hasn't been filed yet. Once you are certain your return has been accepted, read on: 

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents (you may need to select Show), select 2019 and then Amend (change) return.
    • If you only see the option to amend 2018 or earlier, it's because you can't amend an unfiled 2019 return. Instead, just select Pick up where you left off, make your changes, and disregard the rest of these instructions.
  3. Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  4. Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
  5. When finished, we'll give you instructions for printing and mailing your amended return, as amendments can't be e-filed.

Three weeks after mailing your amended return, you can start tracking it at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool.  Please allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended return.

Processing times for amended state returns vary from state to state. If it's been more than 12 weeks since you mailed your amended state return, and you haven't heard anything, we suggest you contact your state tax agency.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
klovett
Returning Member

My taxes are pending I've tried correcting my age II twice However I put the wrong number they've been contacted me through my email and my cellphone messages every 2 days this is day 3 I do have the correct number now but I'm trying my best to get to home and then they're not in get in touch with me a note things are backed up but they been doing every to day so I feel like something's wrong what should I do

klovett
Returning Member

My AGI not age

klovett
Returning Member

Day 3 not 31 my voice text is killing me today

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@klovett Was your return rejected due to AGI and you followed the rejection instructions below to fix it? If so, you should go to the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site now to see if your return is now accepted.

How do I fix a rejected return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies