turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jlott

My tax return transcript and account transcript shows taxes are finished and processed since 2/23/18. The where's my refund site says still processing. Why not approved?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My tax return transcript and account transcript shows taxes are finished and processed since 2/23/18. The where's my refund site says still processing. Why not approved?

The tax return/account transcript refers to the processing on the TurboTax side.

Where's My Refund status refers to processing on the IRS side.

The general timeline of e-filed returns on the IRS side is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.  

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

The tax return/account transcript refers to the processing on the TurboTax side.

Where's My Refund status refers to processing on the IRS side.

The general timeline of e-filed returns on the IRS side is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.  

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.
jlott

On the IRS website not turbo tax website, my taxes show completed. Taxes show refund amount and fully processed by the IRS. I can fully view my tax return. Does this mean my taxes ate completed and approved?

See @Critter#2's reply.

Just because you can see the return in the transcripts just means the IRS has the return in the system ... it doesn't mean they have processed the return or approved the refund for dispersal.  Watch the WMR? tool on the IRS site for the progress of the return in the system.
angelina

I need my Aig from 2017

Where to find your 2017 AGI on your tax return
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301618">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301618</a>

Requests transcript online

Has the most accurate info from prior or current years.

A Irs rep told me the opposite she claims you can’t view all of your transcripts unless they are done. Which I can believe that more because the irs is not gonna put a amount of you’re refund on a transcript unless it’s done... I highly doubt they will put your refund amount before processing no sense because they would be doing double work👌 Everyone do not listen to negative things on these forums they will bring you down

Ramons729

Exactly! My IRS tax account (irs.gov/account) says refund issued 3/3/2021. Where’s my refund still says “received”. My tax return has obviously already been processed since it is part of my tax transcript (just FYI for the person who said this is the “TurboTax” side - no. The IRS allows you to view your account transcripts, and shows previous years - and everything employers have submitted as well). Good luck everyone 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies