Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

alan5925

My stimulus check was sent to a bank account that was closed how long will it take for me to get the paper for version of the check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My stimulus check was sent to a bank account that was closed how long will it take for me to get the paper for version of the check?

the paper checks will go out based on your income...

under $10k - week of April 24 

under $20k - week of May 1

etc

but if your direct deposit 'bounced' not sure if it will follow this schedule or something different, 

The IRS website said that my check will get sent out april 24th when do you think I should receive it.. I entered my dd info on Thursday and the irs website said they will send it to the account I entered and provide a  date when available 2days later it said it was mailing a check the 24th :(

@omaraiden1 - 

the rule is supposed to be that banking information entered by each thursday should result in a direct deposit by the following week (8 days later) but there has to be a cutoff as they begin to prepare paper checks so that you don't receive both.  seems you got caught in that.

it happens.  

I suppose so :(

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies