Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My return was rejected due to data on 8915-F. TurboTax wont let me remove FEMA # entry on line C in order to refile

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND WITH YOUR HELP AND FOLLOWING YOUR INSTRUCTIONS I FIX THE PROBLEMENT. I CALLED TURBO TAX AND THEY DID'N HAVE AN IDEA HOW TO SOLVE IT, AFTER I DID WHAT YOU SAID AND EFILE AGAIN MY TAXES WAS ACCEPTED..

My return was rejected due to data on 8915-F. TurboTax wont let me remove FEMA # entry on line C in order to refile

Your welcome 😀

I was able to fix re file electronically and it was accepted. When you review your return before you file on the form 8915-F it should show that line C is empty and Box D is checked if it doesn't I wouldn't  file until you fix. 

gdeland

I tried this and it appears to work.  The other times I got a reject within 5 minutes, this time I didn't.  I will know for sure once I get the confirmation.  It kind of stinks that we have to go thru this appears to be a programming error on the part of Intuit.  Add in they initially tried to charge me $179 instead of the $59 and I had to go back and start over.  So many pop ups and redirects to try to get more money out of you, very deceptive business practices for what used to be a top class product.  You really have to pay attention while you click thru or you are signed up for services you don't need or want. 

Juejue1909
Returning Member

Did you get an accepted? Mine is still

pending

Where is the forms section? I don’t see it.   

Yes it was accepted happened same day as I refiled.

Thank you, you are better than at least 4 turbo tax so called experts. 

on my third attempt to file hope all these tips work, agent didnt help at all

Stayntru

It’s a pretty easy fix. First, pay to file your tax returns with a credit card and save yourself the $39 that turbo tax was going to charge you to deduct their fees from your refund. 

this step was a must for me otherwise the software gets caught into feedback loops to not allow you to see your paper returns prior to submitting them again to the irs. 

after you’ve paid with a credit card, you can then use the print/view returns located in the tools section in the left drop down bar (online version). 

next, if you’ve filed your taxes due to Corona virus disaster in 2020 & deferred the tax repayment to be evenly distributed across three years, in 2020 & 2021 if you look at those paper returns, on 8915-e/f, the code that was listed on line C was labeled COVID. The tax code changed for 2022 and no longer requires this classification. The 2022 taxes requires line C to be blank and only the box labeled “this was a coronavirus distribution” to be checked. 

once you view your 2022 and the line C is empty and that box is checked, feel free to re-efile your returns. They won’t get rejected now. 

the only reason they got rejected is because turbo tax, by default, brought the class C code (COVID) into your 2022 8915f, like has been required in 2020 & 2021, but no longer is required in 2022. 

Hope this helps!

Stayntru

Pay with a credit card and then it’ll allow you to view/print

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Please try these steps to fix the rejection issue:

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Type 1099-r in Search (magnifying glass) in the top right corner
  3. Click on Jump to 1099-r 
  4. If you do not have a 2022 1099-R answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info​​​​​​​” screen)
  5. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen
  6. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?"
  7. Uncheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and click continue
  8. On the "Which disaster affected you in 2020?" screen I selected the blank entry and click "Back" 
  9. Then recheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and Continue.

Another option is to delete "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and then go back to the retirement section and reenter the information:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select "Tax Tools" and then "Tools".
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, select "Delete a form".
  4. Select "Delete" next to "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and follow the instructions.
  5. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”  
  6. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” 
  7. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info​​​​​​​” screen)
  8. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen
  9. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?"
  10. Check the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and enter your information.

@solame82 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
raegan81

This worked for me too! Thanks! The other methods did not work. 

I can really testify to this. I followed those steps, and my taxes were finally accepted. The third attempt was the winner. Thank you so much for helping others to go through this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting the forms worked for me on the online version.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies