Re: My return was accepted on 1/13/2020. Am I part...

My return was accepted on 1/13/2020. Am I part of a test batch? Cuz I thought it wasn't until the 27th. Do you get refund early

They take some small test batches early. If you are getting earned income credit or additional child tax credit you still wait for the PATH act which says your refund cannot be released until late February.  

Even if you are not getting the earned income credit or additional child tax credit, you don't get your refund early. The IRS accepts the tax returns in the test batches, but they still don't begin to process them until January 27.

For the past two years I’ve been filing early, and each time my return has been accepted early. I was accepted the 13th this year and the 14th last year. I’m expecting my return to hit my account sometime near the 27th this year as last year it was deposited the 28th. 

I do have to note that I do not get the EIC or child tax credit so there is no delay for me there.

I was accepted January 21, 2020.  My info is in WMR and it has the "accepted" bar.  I don't expect an early refund though. I know the PATH act states no refunds for certain credits until after Feb. 15th. Last year the first one's with PATH hit the end of Feb, so I think this year will probably follow the same pattern. As long as the test batches don't get delayed like a few years ago!

Not sure how true that earned income credit or other credits but I filed last year with earned income and got mine 1st week in February. 

Employee TurboTax Specialist

To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file status. If it's been processed and accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status. The IRS will issue your refund when your return is approved.