turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return has been accepted but I have not received my refund advance that I was approved for. What is the hold up?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

My return has been accepted but I have not received my refund advance that I was approved for. What is the hold up?

Login to your Credit Karma account to track your refund.  

Once your return has been filed and accepted, TurboTax has no knowledge of the progress of your refund. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am not asking about the status of my refund.  I am asking about the status of my advance, which was provided and approved by TurboTax.  It was said I would recieve the advance within 15 minutes of irs accepting my refund.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please make sure the primary taxpayer's information on the return matches the information in the Credit Karma account. If it does, please contact Credit Karma on their Contact Us page.

@weeklyjo24

@MoniqueLO_

@MoniqueLO_ unfortunately this is a lie…. I contacted credit karma and they said we needed to contact turbo tax about the advance loan and I contacted first century bank and they said they are not processing turbo tax advance loans

Wait...You mean to tell me I've spent 25 hours proving my Identity, and the advance is a joke? 😆 

Credit Karma states to call turbo tax that they are waiting in the deposits. Turbo tax is about to find itself sued again from what I've been reading. Yall are messing with people money 

• Dorr-Ryan...This is wild! These companies just lie, and blame the other one. (Its why there's so many linked together..So they can OkeeDoke us) Turbo says call CreditKarrna..They say call the Bank..Then come to fi d out, there's 2 Banks..They both lie say Intuit runs sht..they got no pull, call the IRS. 
  • 25hrs nonstop verifying bs just to get hit.  Next, it'll be 10 mos before we see our $. Sht Crazy

Turbo tax held my efile and never transmitted it so I was stuck waiting to be accepted for the advance but the irs told me to file with a different software other than turbo tax and I got an advance within 1hr

I finally got mine, but it was around 30 hours after it got accepted, not the 15 minutes advertised.  It's annoying because in this day and age you're worried if it was stolen and you can't get any answers from anyone about anything.  I'm glad I got mine and don't have to worry anymore, but until I got it I felt helpless cause if it was stolen, I didn't know how or when I would be able to prove it.

@weeklyjo24 @Did you get an email about the amount to expect or anything 

It’s been 52 hours for me 

No, the only email I got was from credit karma saying the money had been deposited.  Before that, I never got any email about an advance, only the one stating my return had been accepted by the irs.

I'm right there with you. 3days+. Id atleast like an email telling me to kick rocks, instead of not knowing anything, and no reply.

sdk5

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND I FILED MY RETURNS JAN 23RD. I CALL BOTH TURBO TAX AND CREDIT KARMA EVERYDAY AND THEY BOTH ARE CLUELESS AND BLAME EACH OTHER. I HAVE USED JACKSON HEWETT IN THE PAST YEARS AND MY REFUND ADVANCE WAS ALWAYS ON MY CARD WITHIN 15 MINUTES.  HELP IF YOU CAN BUT IT DOESNT SOUND GOOD FOR ALOT OF US

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies