Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

relientr1

My refund has not been payed in 31 days but accepted by the IRS. "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Tax Topic 152

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

My refund has not been payed in 31 days but accepted by the IRS. "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Tax Topic 152

My refund was accepted two weeks ago.And they said I will receive a email still nothing?

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

The only email that you should have received would be the one from TurboTax indicating that the return was accepted (within a day or 2 of filing.) 

If you didn't receive that email, you can check the status of your return by logging into your TurboTax account and checking to be sure the status is Accepted and not pending or rejected. 

The IRS does not email you about your refund (or any other matter), but you can check the status here: Where's my Refund?

@Carmel29

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
relientr1

I did not receive an email. This is what the page on the "where's my refund" IRS provided website displays.

My return was sent by turbotax on April 3rd and accepted the same day per turbotax. However, after 31 days the IRS page displays the same information posted above.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately, the IRS is the only one that knows the status of your return, and they have temporarily suspended the filing of tax returns.  You will need to contact them when they resume operations which will hopefully be soon. 

IRS live telephone assistance is currently unavailable due to COVID-19. Normal operations will resume when possible. Tax help is available 24 hours a day on IRS.gov.  The IRS website offers a variety of online tools to help taxpayers answer common tax questions. For example, taxpayers can search the Interactive Tax AssistantTax TopicsFrequently Asked Questions, and Tax Trails to get answers to common questions. Those who have already filed can check their refund status by visiting IRS.gov/Refunds.

relientr1

It was electronically filed so per thier website it is being filed. They have posted on irs.gov that they are not processing paper returns.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

That is true.  Electronic returns are being processed and it is the paper returns that are on hold.  However, if your return is ''still being processed'' and shows Topic 152, they are reviewing something on your return which has to be done manually.   So, it is very unlikely that anything will change on the IRS site before they resume operations.  It is possible you may see something before then, but I would not get my hopes up.  

Once it is accepted, only the IRS can provide you information on the timing aspect - so then we are back to them not taking calls.  

Topic No. 152 Refund Information    Please see this link for more information.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies