turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My fiance and I got our first stimulus via direct deposit on the Turbo cards... IRS GMP tool says

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

My fiance and I got our first stimulus via direct deposit on the Turbo cards... IRS GMP tool says

Your question was cut off.   What did the GMP tool say?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DawnC 

GMP said Payment #2 was scheduled to be mailed and our cards are active acc. to turbotax support agent, DD has worked for 2019 taxes and stimulus #1. No one has been able to say why. Anyone else having this issue?? Anyone know why? 

@DawnC 

We've moved since then and can no longer access our mail being sent there. Can't figure out why it says it's being mailed when DD is set up and card is active.. No idea what we can do.

SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

We have heard some isolated (and unverified) reports of customers receiving direct deposits even though the Get My Payment status tool indicates a check was mailed.  The IRS is in the process of sending out more payments so it is possible for the payment to still reach you.  Please check your bank account again next week. 

If you have not received any payment by January 15, 2021, you will claim the Recovery Rebate Credit in TurboTax by answering the two questions about the stimulus payments that will appear at the end of the TurboTax interview. 

The questions are in the section Federal Review.  

Once the information is entered you will see your refund increase or balance due decrease, and TurboTax will enter the amount of the credit on Line 30 of Form 1040 for you.

I want to say thank you very much for responding!!! It honestly puts our minds at ease a bit. In reality we know it comes down to it is what it is, however, knowing it's possible for it to be a DD even though it says it's being mailed is a relief. So thank you.

In addition, I'll let you know if that happens with my fiance and I that way you can have some verification. I'll keep you guys updated! 🙂 

SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

Thank you!  We know this is a difficult time for many, and we are doing our best to get the best answers out that we can, as quickly as we can. 

I appreciate that you are willing to let us know what happens with your fiance's payment as well, that information could put other customer's mind at ease as well.  

Manage cookies