Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal refund was accepted 2/10/2021and it says still processing tax topic 152. Why's it taking so long? Should I worry!?

I spoke with IRS representative and she checked in my status of my refund it’s been more than 21 days then u had topic 152! The representative said there was nothing wrong with my taxes and just wait! How long do we have to wait? I’ve used turbo tax e-file my return with eic whats the hold up! When our govt right now keeps giving away our money to foreign countries! This is ridiculous 

My federal refund was accepted 2/10/2021and it says still processing tax topic 152. Why's it taking so long? Should I worry!?

Congratulations for getting through to someone! I have called in excess of 100 times .. twice I made it to hold for  rep only to be told by recording too busy blah blah and got hung up on. Feb 12th submission. Received an approved when I checked initially but then it went to still processing!

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Once the IRS accepts your return, they do not share further information with TurboTax. You would need to contact the IRS, for further assistance, How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS...

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information, What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 day...

I also recommend checking out their Refund FAQ 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What’s the secret to get ahold on someone from the irs??! I always get told lines are busy no matter what option I get to. And I’ve called a million times by now! I’m highly unsatisfied this year! They said file early it will help! No it helped absolutely nothing, if anything made it worse some how ?!

I have been accepted since the 12th of February and I still haven’t gotten a date it’s been over a month says tax topic 152

Did u get urs yet mines same way did u get anything in the mail?

Nothing yet! the silence is deafening

earbarnes

It is the 8th week and I keep getting refund still processing. Where's my refund?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

It can take 21 days from the time your return is accepted to the time you receive your refund.  It may also take longer due to other reasons, such as the particular forms that were filed, an offset, or the PATH Act.  For more details, please see the Help Article here.   

The IRS is also operating at mission-critical functions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which means there will be service delays with the following:

• Live phone support
  • Processing tax returns filed on paper
  • Answering mail from taxpayers
  • Reviewing tax returns, even for returns filed electronically

For more information, please see this article issued by the IRS.

my return was accepted on 2/19/2021. Now says still processing. Date will be provided, Tax Topic 152. 

I have tried many times calling the IRS but get no living representative to answer.  It is so frustrating. 

Did you get yours yet? or find anything out?

Please, do not respond with the 21 days typical answer. We all know by now this year is different. Just tell us what is going on. 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, this tax year is not like ones in the past. TurboTax does not receive updates on your refund status after your tax return has been accepted by the IRS.

The IRS is working on backlogs and both the EIC and Recovery Rebate can add to your processing time. See this about refund timing: Refund Timing

Please see this additional information from our expert @ToddL99 on why your tax return refund may be delayed this tax season: Refund Delay.

@TrRLsR

Screenshot_20210412-181812_Phone.jpg

EXT 652 15-30 MINS WAIT BUT ITS A DIRECT LINE YOU'LL GET TO SOMEONE. HOPE YOU HAVE SOME GREAT FEEDBACK.

hey my returned was accepted feb24 been having tax topic 152 forever ,have you got your refund

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Could be number of reasons for refund delays, especially this year. Generally it is due to dependent verification, refund offset, or information mismatch. You can get a free transcript of your return to review of any holds or codes. Click here to get your free online transcript.

Did you have unemployment benefits. So to not have to process thousands of amended returns, if you had unemployment benefits the IRS could be holding your return for processing once their systems are updated for the American Rescue Plan Act that excludes the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits if your adjusted gross income is less than $150,000.   

If you have earned income credit and/or additional child tax credit, it is probably delayed. Returns with either of these credits are covered under the PATH act, which gives the IRS authority to delay the refund to verify dependent information on your return. For 2020, the IRS was not issuing refunds for these returns until the 1st week of March. 

Do you have any refund offsets such as back taxes, student loans, child support, state obligations (Court costs), etc. This could delay your refund and you will receive a letter indicating the change.

If you answered the stimulus questions incorrectly, this will delay your refund. If you claimed the Recovery Rebate credit on your return, the IRS is matching stimulus payments to returns with the Recovery Rebate credit. If there is a mismatch, you will be receiving a letter.

Keep checking IRS.gov "Where's my Refund" for the most up to date information.

Check here also for more information on refund delays.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies