hawaiian46

My amended return was accepted but not completed due to it not being processed. So I have to call the IRS but no one is picking up the phone. What should I do?

My Amended return was accepted on March 26

Normally amended returns take 4 months (16 weeks) to process.  But this year they are taking a lot longer.  

After 3 weeks you can track it here,    https://www.irs.gov/filing/individuals/amended-returns-form-1040-x-/wheres-my-amended-return-1

hawaiian46

It says that we have received it however it has not been processed please call and whatever number it is during 7am-7pm and from there no status.

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1