turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Looks like good news - Found on facebook

The IRS recently began issuing a second round of stimulus payments to those eligible. Unfortunately, because of an IRS error, millions of payments were sent to the wrong accounts and some may not have received their stimulus payment.  

We have been working tirelessly on a solution with the Treasury and the IRS. As a result, our expectation now is that within days the error will be corrected and stimulus payments will begin being deposited into the correct bank accounts. We have also re-confirmed with the IRS that they have all of the correct banking information for our customers. 

We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and that everyone is anxious to get their money, now more than ever.  

We will keep you updated on our efforts, and we will stay on this until you get your money.

For general stimulus information, you can visit our Stimulus Tax Center here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/ 

For additional information about stimulus payments, including eligibility, payment timing and distribution details, the IRS urges people to visit IRS.gov for the most up to date information

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

40 Replies

So this only goes to those that was sent to the wrong bank account? How about those that still has "status not available"?

Juanctome
Returning Member

Hopei get it

What if my bank account i used last year is closed. Is there a way to update that information. 

The IRS cannot change payment information, including bank account or mailing information. If an eligible taxpayer does not get a payment or it is less than expected, it may be claimed on the 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.

That answer helped absolutely no one!

That is exactly what I am thinking. This is so confusing.

After I received the email from Turbo Tax I got excited, but now I am not sure if I will get it.

is this what your email looked like?>>

Dear Valued TurboTax Customer,

Great news, your stimulus payment is on the way!

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited starting January 8th. We expect most payments to be available that day, but your bank could take a few business days to process. Your payment will be deposited into the same bank account that you received your 2019 tax refund.

We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get your stimulus payment to you. We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay in you receiving your stimulus payment.

Thank you again for being a TurboTax customer.

Respectfully,
Greg Johnson
Executive Vice President & General Manager
Intuit, Inc. | TurboTax

I got this at 3:40AM  CST this morning.

I got that exact one. Just not sure if it was a general one sent by TurboTax, or if it actually applies to people who got the status not available message.

jasgraves
Returning Member

I got that email this morning! But the IRS website still says the same that it has been saying since last week and last time I got it as a check. 

mine does too.. so who knows with the glitch I assume it just hasn't been updated yet, I imagine its not just a click of a button.. now that we got this email, we just need to be patient and see what happens next..

I agree, it would be smart to wait and see. I'm just not that good at being patient. That and I hate being confused.

Turbo tax states that if you didn’t get a email saying your stimulus is on the way. They may not have enough information for you to get a deposit. I asked my wife did she get a email she said no we both used turbo tax last year to file our taxes. Hope this help. I’m still checking my account😬😬😬

Just wanted to let you guys know - I posted that like 2 days ago. At this point you probably should just ignore it.

I have a coworker who got an email and the IRS still shows the unavailable message on hers. I did not get the email. Verified that I was signed up for notifications and I do have my tax fees paid out of my refund every year. I may stop filing with Turbo Tax this year if I have to wait until my taxes come in for my stimulus. I can't even file because I have dependents until the end of the month even if I turn it before they don't accept it. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies