turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

January 19th, 2019 filed with TT pending

It’s that time of year again when we (god I hope it’s not just me) stalk the internet for information on when our refunds are coming. Let the anxiety begin.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Yes I agree it is that time again. I remember last year as soon as I filed I received a message within a couple hours that the IRS had accepted mine not this year. I'm not expecting to be accepted this soon just noticed it was different from last year. Last I also filed a week prior to when the IRS was going to officially open.

I filed my taxes with tax act on 1/20/2019 pending! LOL I only filed early because I had time this weekend to finally do my taxes and I never remember to pay attention when the IRS starts accepting them! We will see what happens!

Just an update: My return was accepted by the IRS on 1/22/2019!

Yes mine was too!! Thanks for sharing!!

Kroehr1
Returning Member

I filed mine last night mine says pending i downloaded the app and looked at the return and noticed the w2 wasn't entered will my return be rejected or have to ammend it
Kroehr1
Returning Member

This is the first time this has happened do i have to call the irs?

I have read that people got updated today with DDD of 1/28/19! 

Carl
Level 15

If you forgot something on your return or need to change anything on your return for any reason, and you have already e-filed your return. Then do ***NOTHING*** at this time. You ***HAVE*** to wait.

If your return is rejected, then you can just add what you forgot and/or make any changes necessary and submit the return again by clicking that big orange TRANSMIT MY RETURNS NOW button. *DO* *NOT* *EVER* amend a rejected return. ***NEVER***.

If your return is accepted, then you still need to *WAIT* until the irs has processed your return completely and entirely. Your return is not processed in it's entirety until you have physical possession/control of your refund. Once your return has been accepted ***AND*** processed, then you can file an amended return.

Understand two things:

1) Any amended return can NOT be e-filed. The IRS says so. For an amended return you have to print it, sign it (both the 1040 and 1040X) and mail it to the IRS.

2) Understand that an "AMENDED" return is only to change a return that has been ACCEPTED by the IRS. If your return is NOT accepted and you click that AMEND button, the bottom line is, you are screwed and it's *YOUR* fault. The mess created can be fixed. But it will be a nightmare of having to call telephone support and being on hold for what could very easily be hours, during the tax filing season. You'll have to deal with hangups/disconnections and whole lot of other crap, and it's *YOUR* fault for clicking that AMEND button on a return that the IRS did NOT accept.

Wow I hope so I will not get mine until February because I file eitc, but it will be nice to see that the IRS is processing so quickly.

I cannot even find comments from this year its weird I try to find new updates and I only find info from last year.

I guess we all are in good company! 🙂 I am very anxious about our return because we are moving and I am super excited because of it.  

No 2019 taxes were processed until 1/28 since the government was shut down.  If the government shuts down again, all processing will stop and not resume until it opens again.

Mary Poppins you don't know what you're talking about,

I Agree of course the IRS started before then because people got there money on the 28th lol!

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies