turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nancy0803
Returning Member

its been 21 days and no refund

its been over 21 days and no refund other than accepted simple return IRS says there is a number where they will track it after 21 days but cant find it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If it were me I keep calling untill someone found my return I called yesterday it took her 25 minutes to locate mine.Do you still have bars? My disappeared I was lucky and got my call answered by a nice women who check my return was resended for two errors they fixed and sent back in line to be processed 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. The IRS did not begin processing returns until January 27th. It can take anywhere from a few hours to 3 weeks after January 27th to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285

Note: The IRS expects to issue most refunds in less than 21 business days after being accepted. Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) will experience a refund hold and a delay in processing.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies