turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dave800

It says my Federal Tax return was Accepted on the 21st of January by the IRS but I also have heard that the IRS doesn't start accepting returns untill Monday Jan 27th, since mine was accepted on the 2

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

It says my Federal Tax return was Accepted on the 21st of January by the IRS but I also have heard that the IRS doesn't start accepting returns untill Monday Jan 27th, since mine was accepted on the 2

The IRS doesn't officially open tax season until January 27, 2019.  However, they typically do accept a few batches of returns filed early as a sort of test run.  It appears that your return was in one of those batches.

Congratulations on having your 2019 return accepted!

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

The IRS doesn't officially open tax season until January 27, 2019.  However, they typically do accept a few batches of returns filed early as a sort of test run.  It appears that your return was in one of those batches.

Congratulations on having your 2019 return accepted!

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies