Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there a way to print a sort of preview of this year's tax return?

I have put in all pertinent information I have at this time and I am buying a house and the lender wants this. How do I provide?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

When using the TurboTax online editions the tax return cannot be e-filed or printed until you pay the TurboTax account fees.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2020 return at this time, click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return. On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now. The next screen will show a review of your Fees, click on Continue. Complete the next screen to pay by credit card and click Continue.

However, you can view your Form 1040 at any time. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

If you want to give the lender a copy of a 2020 tax return, which you have not filed, get the Form 1040 in fillable PDF form from the IRS website and enter your numbers. They will ask you to sign it.

Note: your loan application should be based on your latest tax return, i.e. 2019.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies