turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS.gov says 'info not avail'(wait to file) but I got an email from TurboTax saying the stimulus is being deposited into the bank account on file. Which one is correct?

Posts online are saying if I see a 'Information not available' message that I have to file my 2020 taxes and claim it as a recovery credit in order to receive the money. However, I have received 2 emails updating me on the TurboTax delay issue, the latest one says the stimulus is "on the way!" and being deposited into the bank account on file.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

IRS.gov says 'info not avail'(wait to file) but I got an email from TurboTax saying the stimulus is being deposited into the bank account on file. Which one is correct?

Same here. I received the same email from TurboTax last night around 11pm. Is this true or what? 

This is in the FAQ they provided with the email that said "Great news! Your stimulus payment is on the way!". So, I'm hoping they only sent emails to customers that did not receive the direct deposit last Friday, January 1st or Monday, January 4th, but will be receiving the stimulus via direct deposit today or the beginning of next week. 6F81439C-B3AD-4421-B222-88FC5937B25A.jpeg

Hello,

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited today, Jan 8th, for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error. We expect most of these payments to be available today, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund. Customers receiving a stimulus payment received an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way. 

For more stimulus information, please visit the Stimulus hub here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

Thank you! 

@TasnimH2 yall “experts” need to be fired. Any 6 year old can copy and paste answers all day long! You’re NOT helping anyone! Just making more people more frustrated!

I'm hoping that was directed at one of the replies to my initial question and not to me. They did a great job of correcting an issue that wasn't their fault to begin with. I got my stimulus Friday afternoon 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies