Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Irs Accepted

Yes, however I called to make an appointment at a local office.  I actually spoke with someone, I was telling him why I was making the appointment and he actually looked into it for me. He did say that my file is under a review for no particular reason and I should receive a letter or my refund by April 14th. Then two weeks after that, my stimulus should be received. Not the best news but some news. Hopefully this news will help some of you as well.

I believe the only reason it’s under review is because I filed with a different status last year (joint) then all my previous years and then it changed back again this year (HOH)

Irs Accepted

People do that all the time, it doesn't trigger a review. I've flipped between joint and separately because of being a contractor, and also a student (grad) on and off the last few years and other than PATH, my returns haven't gotten flagged for anything. Unless they told you that specifically you are just guessing. For the larger majority of the public what service you file with doesn't matter. 

Irs Accepted

They did not say, I am just speculating because nothing has changed in my taxes from the previous18 years other than last year. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Irs Accepted

Yes, that is correct, there could be other reasons why there is a review besides changing the filing status. It can be a random selection. See: Why am I being selected for an audit?

For more information, see: What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

IRS: Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

@Alathea

@DanFam04

Irs Accepted

Well mine got flagged because I didn't claim the stimulus rebate because I received mine already, yet TT claimed it for me and I know many others that met that same fate.

And yes after that and having to wait an extended time for my refund for something that wasn't my fault I definitely won't be using TT next year. 

🖕🏻

Irs Accepted

No mine is the same way very frustrating 

Irs Accepted

Im having the same issue did you ever get a response from anyone ?

Irs Accepted

Well I was accepted 2/12 been processing since, had a short stay in error resolution irs told me today my dd is Friday the 26th refund tracker still says processing, hope more ppl get theirs on friday

Irs Accepted

ill keep my fingers crossed for you .. what phone number did you use to call them ?

Irs Accepted

1800🤔829🤔1040 keypad menu goes by 1213223 don't enter your SSN when prompted

Irs Accepted

Hopefully its true for many of us. Keep us updated 

Irs Accepted

[phone number removed]

when you call and you get the message of “they have too many calls and try later” and they hang up on you. Keep trying, that’s what I did and finally got through!

Irs Accepted

My information hasn’t even made it to the tracker.

Irs Accepted

I’m on hold for them now!! Only took 5 times getting through  that’s not how many times I had to call and being hung up on. Wonder what they gonna tell me. Everyone keeps getting a different answer. 

Irs Accepted

I was on hold for 30 mins I gave the lady my SSN and Name and she didn’t even say anything just put me back on hold like What The Heck 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies