turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS accepted my refund but I received my stimulus check in the mail

What do I do? I filed for the recovery rebate because my old bank returned the $600 to IRS and I filed for it on 1/15. But I got the $600 check from IRS on Monday 2/8 and now Wednesday 2/10 Turbo Tax says IRS accepted my filing. Don't they know they already sent me the $600?! I don't want them to send me a second one and get in trouble. What do I do? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

The IRS has not set guidelines yet. They will not open until February 12 and at that time they will start to see situations like yours. You would not be able to amend until that time and in the meantime, they may establish a guideline. 

Information is continuing to be updated. Please see this LINK for more information

Then why did I receive an e mail from Turbo Tax saying "Federal Return Accepted" if they don't open until the 12th? What is going on? Why would Turbo Tax say that if they aren't even open yet? 

DaveF1006
Employee Tax Expert

This means that the IRS has accepted your return to be electronically filed once the IRS begins the actual electronic file process. Your return is in its server ready to be electronically filed with the IRS once the IRS begins the process.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies