turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Inured Spouse Claim

So after a few months of bugging the IRS they finally accepted and approved my injured spouse form. I got a letter in the mail on June 18 stating that my adjustment was approved and it states that "We will send you a refund, including any interest due, in a few weeks as long as you owe no other tax or non-tax government  debts." I was trying to inquire if anyone else has received a letter like this and if so did it really take the 3 full weeks or is there a possibility of me receiving the refund sooner?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Inured Spouse Claim

There is always the possibility it will come sooner ... so plan for the worse and hope for the best. 

Inured Spouse Claim

Now will they send me a check or it will be direct deposit considering I filed the injured spouse report a few days after the offset?

Inured Spouse Claim

So up to date on this. After I had recieved the letter of approval stating that it could take up to 3 weeks for me to recieve my check... I called the IRS and they said it could take another 30 days for me to recieve my check and that my injured spouse form was still "processing". They left a "note" for whomever was handling my case. I am currently on my 3rd week and still waiting lol.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies