turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ariadne93

If you opt to get your refund on a VISA Card, are you able to get the cash from that to deposit into your bank. I do not want to pay an ADDITIONAL $40 to direct deposit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you opt to get your refund on a VISA Card, are you able to get the cash from that to deposit into your bank. I do not want to pay an ADDITIONAL $40 to direct deposit

Yes, you can do transfers, bill payments ect right on the TurboTax Visa Prepaid Card Website

There is no charge for direct deposit but I do see you are filing under the "Deluxe Edition".

If you started with the Free Edition, it is for simple returns that file a 1040 with no additional schedules, and is free as long as you don't select any add-ons or upgrades.

Products and Pricing

If we detect that your tax situation requires expanded coverage, like deductions for owning a home or self-employment income, we'll prompt you to upgrade to a version that supports the forms you need so we can maximize your tax deductions and ensure you file an accurate return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ariadne93

While TurboTax does not charge for direct deposit, the acknowledgements you agree to clearly state the bank is going to charge another $40 for you to receive your direct deposit. $120 is a lot of money to lose when you aren't getting that much back, just because you own a home. Seriously considering moving to another service after many years of using this service.

It has gotten too expensive to be worth it.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are charged $40 if you choose to have your TurboTax fees taken out of your refund instead of paying when you file. Please see the below TurboTax FAQ regarding the Refund Processing Service:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/what-is-refund-processing-service/00/25889

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies