turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not do a final submition of my taxes because they were not complete yet, but I got an order confirmation email. I have already filed through another site

I was checking to see if I could file state without the federal taxes, so did not want to file both. I have already filed my federal taxes and wanted to make sure the information was correct for another site to file my state taxes. I exited the turbotax site before filing, but just received an order confirmation email. They tax info was incomplete for the federal and they have already been filed so is there any way to cancel or make sure it wasn't filed twice?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I did not do a final submition of my taxes because they were not complete yet, but I got an order confirmation email. I have already filed through another site

If you already filed through another site, your return will be rejected.  And if you did not submit the tax return, nothing will be filed (or rejected).  You can't file a state return without completing a federal return on TurboTax.  All of the state information comes from the federal tax return.    

dareed349

I did not confirm my order and it has already appeared as a charge to my acct.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@dareed346, This situation is handled best by contacting customer care. Please click here for directions. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies