Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Danbernie

If my refund on the IRS website says still processing does it mean I will be audited?

I want to make sure the IRS has my right address and know why my refund has been in processing for over 2 months.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

If my refund on the IRS website says still processing does it mean I will be audited?

Although the typical refund takes 21 days it sometimes can take longer. Refer to the source below for more details and also how to contact the IRS.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Well i talk to someone at the irs and they said they recived my taxes march 6 so how long after that it well take i check the website on where's my refund and its saying my refund is still being process

Well i talk to someone at the IRS and they said they receive my taxes march 6 so how long after that will it take i check the website on where's my refund and its saying my refund is still being process

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last year in most cases, many filing taxes received their refund in less  than 3 weeks. Keep in mind, in an attempt to protect individual tax filers, the PATH act was put in place. This may be causing a slight delay for many tax filers.  See this FAQ for more information regarding  Where's my Refund.

It has been past the 21 days!! and on the website wheres my refund it still says we are processing your refund, a date will be given when available. And now it had effected my stimulus check !! I haven't received a letter by mail, and i already got my state. There is no number to contact the IRS i don't know what else to do!

Hey maria did you ever get your taxes? I'm having the same problem so i was just wondering

Pinckney

Im under the impression that mt refund will come in a week is that any truth to this? If not has not been sent out working onor what?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

Call the IRS? Right now? Is that a joke?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@Andrew J Swensen This is an old thread from last tax season with your comment being the only one from this year; please let us know if there is something specific that we can assist you with.

My irs wheres my refund page says that its still processing and a refund date will be available but its been over 21 days and i filed jan 24 2022 should i be worried when everyone else has been approved. Would i had received a letter from the irs if i was flagged already ? 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Steven91723

Please see the Help Article here if it has been over 21 days and you haven't received your return.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies