turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hbracy18

If I'm entitled to receive the 2nd stimulus check and as of today I have not received it, the status on the IRS site states Not Available, how will this be corrected?

I received my first stimulus.  I am entitled to receive the second stimulus under the guidelines.  I have not received my payment as of today.  The status on the IRS site states Not Available.  If I'm entitled to this payment and it's through no fault of my own that it wasn't deposited as it should have been (no changes in account information in years), then what is Turbo Tax doing to make sure that this gets corrected and deposited to me instead of having to apply for a credit for it on my 2020 taxes?  That doesn't help with the bills that need to be paid now!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

If I'm entitled to receive the 2nd stimulus check and as of today I have not received it, the status on the IRS site states Not Available, how will this be corrected?

We understand that a number of clients are experiencing challenges regarding the receipt of their stimulus payment and are working to resolve this with the IRS. Please click on the following link for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hbracy18

The release addresses those who had their payments go to the incorrect accounts but it doesn't address what is being done about those that simply there is no explanation as to why nothing was sent out and their status says Not Available. Please don't forget those individuals when working with the IRS so that direct deposits are issued to them like they should have been to begin with instead of having to file for this as a credit on their 2020 taxes. Some people will never see it that way and will lose their homes in the meanwhile as a result 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

We understand that a number of clients are experiencing challenges regarding the receipt of their stimulus payment and are working to resolve this with the IRS. Please click on the following link for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

hbracy18

Why is this the exact same response as the first one? Must be an automated response to make people think that they actually care and are doing something about it! 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

We are receiving numerous questions on this issue and are doing what we can to resolve this quickly.  We can certainly appreciate your desire to receive a more concrete answer.  Right now we are working hard to get the fastest resolution possible for you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies