turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I filed with turbo tax 2018 and 2019 also using direct deposit does the IRS already have that information to send the stimulus check to or do I need to reproduce it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I filed with turbo tax 2018 and 2019 also using direct deposit does the IRS already have that information to send the stimulus check to or do I need to reproduce it?

If you have the correct direct deposit information for your bank on your 2019 return, the IRS will use that banking information to deposit your stimulus money to your bank.

If you had your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund, then it has not been stated how you will receive your stimulus money.

If you need to just update your direct deposit information, see the following from the IRS.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you have the correct direct deposit information for your bank on your 2019 return, the IRS will use that banking information to deposit your stimulus money to your bank.

If you had your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund, then it has not been stated how you will receive your stimulus money.

If you need to just update your direct deposit information, see the following from the IRS.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

Since you had your direct deposit instructions on your 2018 and 2019 tax returns, you do not need to do anything to get your stimulus deposited in that same bank account. If you bank account changed, you will need to enter the new information on an online portal that the IRS has not yet set up. 

Does the. He k get put on your turbo tax debit card automatically 

Manage cookies