Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cmisip

If I elect for direct debit with TurboTax, why did it print a PFC letter for State instructing me to mail tax payment .

Finnished Efiling and I set direct debit from my checking account. I got a printout to pay my State by mail.  Is the state tax not paid by direct debit from checking account?

I thought direct debit will be for both federal and state tax.  

Thanks,

Chris

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If I elect for direct debit with TurboTax, why did it print a PFC letter for State instructing me to mail tax payment .

Maybe not.  

Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the state cover sheet with the Turbotax logo.  If you owed tax, it will show the payment information and how/when you decided to pay.  Read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-fo...

cmisip

I found the page with the Turbo Tax Logo for State.  The instructions say to mail the payment.  I am in indiana and so I assume Indiana State cannot accept direct debit payments.

It also says:

"Sign and date Form IT-8453-OL within 1 day of acceptance".

Which document is that?

Thanks,

Chris

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies