turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I would like some info on my return about the refund advance. I applied and set up a spend account through credit karma like i was told but never got a notification.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

I would like some info on my return about the refund advance. I applied and set up a spend account through credit karma like i was told but never got a notification.

For information regarding Refund Advance please click the link below. 

What's Refund Advance? - Intuit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I read this info I need to speak to someone specifically about my refund and if I was approved. I applied for it and never got the amount pop up at the end like it usually tells you when you have been approved and for how much you were approved for. I have a credit karma account and it says the card is on the way in the mail but on my file page it does not state if I have a refund advance or not like usual. This is my 7th year with turbo tax and the first time this has happened when I applied for the advance. Thanks for your time.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Per the Offer details and disclosures for the Refund Advance program, you will not receive a final decision of whether you are approved for the loan until after you file your taxes. The IRS will not start accepting returns for the 2021 tax season until January 24. 2022.

I have already filed my taxes but at the end when it asks you what payment method you want to choose I chose the advance, I created an account with Credit Karma and I have a debit card on the way already but It did not say if I was approved for the advance nor did it say the amount like it usually does at the end. The agreement I signed says it allows credit Karma to access my info to determine if I am eligible for the advance but I did not get any notification on turbo tax or my email if I was approved or not. 

If you go to the page where it shows your refund amount and scroll down a bit it should have info about your advance, like the amount you pre qualified for. You also should of gotten an email after you filed and towards the middle of the email it should say something about waiting for your taxes to be accepted to get your $1000 advance or however much you pre qualified for.

Unfortunately there is nothing about the advance. I'm not sure what went wrong but I think it just didn't go through properly and there was a technical error when the pre-qualification was supposed to get processed. Thank you all for your responses. I will just wait for my refund. 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

We are investigating the cause of the message that you are receiving, but you can reach out to Credit Karma customer service for immediate assistance.

I am having the same issue with mine. It was approved but never got anymore info about my advance. 

Iam having the same issue, I applied and opened the credit karma account only for the purpose of getting the refund advance. The IRS accepted my e file return on 1/20/22 and I have not gotten an email or the advance and I have reached out and emailed credit karma and have not gotten any response back 

I used TT yesterday and my return was accepted by the IRS shortly after filing (within an hr). I was approved for the Credit Karma advance, however, as of today, my advance is not available yet.  AFter contacting both CK and TT this morning, I was told that it could take up to 48 hours for the loan to be available.......contrary to what the advertisements say "1to2 hours after IRS acceptance"

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Huntersma "If approved, your Refund Advance will be deposited into your Credit Karma Money TM Spend (checking) account, typically within 1 hour after the IRS acceptance of your e-filed federal return."  However, the deposit time can be longer than 1-2 hours.  See the following Help Article for more information:  Offer details and disclosures for the Refund Advance program

Thank you for taking the time to investigate this. I appreciate the effort. I just think there was a system error or something went wrong when the pre-qualification was getting processed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies