turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I verified my identity in person after receiving 5071c and it was successful how long does it take to get direct deposit after that?

i verified my idintity aug.6th 2020 ive still not recieved my refund yet or the first stimulas. I had recieved a 5071c letter and called on august6th to verify myself and everything was good. I really need this money i filednon april2nd and never got the letter til 1st week august and still no refund can anyone please help me. WMR changed 5days after i verified my identity from still being processes to we have revieved ur income it is being processed when d ok u all think i will get this the lady said 9weeks but it usually never lakes that long but idk..thank u please somekne help this is first time ive had do this

I verified my identity in person after receiving 5071c and it was successful how long does it take to get direct deposit after that?

@mhac2020 wrote:

i verified my idintity aug.6th 2020 ive still not recieved my refund yet or the first stimulas. I had recieved a 5071c letter and called on august6th to verify myself and everything was good. I really need this money i filednon april2nd and never got the letter til 1st week august and still no refund can anyone please help me. WMR changed 5days after i verified my identity from still being processes to we have revieved ur income it is being processed when d ok u all think i will get this the lady said 9weeks but it usually never lakes that long but idk..thank u please somekne help this is first time ive had do this

Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

I got the letter myself but part gets me is I got the loan from turbo tax of 2500 then I waiting on rest my tax money to get direct deposit I get letter in mail call the number talk to people at irs to them they didn't understand why it was even done being I'd already got 2500 an still owe me 3200 more said it take nine weeks  this my second time had one about 5 years ago I just wonder if it is randomly done or do they pick them out they rely messed my plains all up with this letter .thing is they tried to contact me for 2 weeks I thought was scam.

What a **bleep**ing nightmare.....

I verified over the phone on 3/31..WMR switched from STILL BEING PROCESSED to ,we have received your return and it is BEING PROCESSED (Capitalization mine) a couple of days ago..

So..hope that's a good sign..lol. 

I hope I get that message at some point. I filed and had it accepted 2/14 and had to fix the advance tax credit thing and sent that in on around March 9th and they finally confirmed they had it and were processing it about 2 weeks ago and now I got a letter today to verify identity. I did it online and they wanted me to verify the amount of the refund and I put in what the WMR and tax filing said and it told me it was wrong! Like WTF? This is an absolute joke for the nightmare this has been this year. A TA won't do a single thing either to help :(

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

To check what the IRS has calculated as your refund, create or login at View Your Tax Account Information.

Only use the IRS resource to verify your identity here: IRS: Identity Verification Service.

If you used some other resource that was not from irs.gov, then see: What to do if you suspect tax-related identity theft.

@madhatterton0811

Manage cookies